WARNING- westinghouse red brooder bulbs sold at Tractor Supply have a non-stick coating (Teflon?) ac

Sometimes the coated bulbs will say:
"Shatter proof" or "explosion proof"
Sylvania (sp?) bulbs (125wt) from Lowes are OK- as well as Havells

Does anyone know if the General Electric brand 250 watt heat lamps are safe? It says nothing on the package about having a Teflon coating or "shatter proof" or anything. On the back it says "Commercial applications include warming food, heating floor tile and farm uses".

I'm using a reptile bulb in a reptile lamp that has a dimmer switch on it for easy temperature control, rather than lifting the lamp. I've had reptiles for a while now {am new to chicks} and we've never had a problem with the bulbs.

I'm using a reptile bulb in a reptile lamp that has a dimmer switch on it for easy temperature control, rather than lifting the lamp.  I've had reptiles for a while now {am new to chicks} and we've never had a problem with the bulbs.

What brand is this bulb, out of curiosity?

I've used the same bulbs from TSC for the past month without a problem.

Happy to hear that! However I'm going to be playing it safe rather than sorry...I'm just so new to this and I'm terrified of doing something wrong.
hu.gif

I have used the Producers Pride from TSC and it says it's for animal habitats. It also says it's made in China, go figure.

Since I have not had any problems thus far using the bulb for almost 3 weeks, the coating should have burned the fumes off by now from what I have read above.

Back
Top Bottom