Warty Egg on Day Three

Quote:
I didn't, but I should have!

When I candled my shipped eggs upon receiving them, I noticed that my batch had three categories

1. Eggs with lots of little bubbles.
2. Eggs with one big bubble that wobbled around really easily.
3. Eggs with one big bubble that kind of wobble, but seem pretty attached.

I numbered all of my eggs and kept a corresponding log to go with them. I'm interested to see what the other 'free floating' eggs do. I sure hope I have yinepu's luck with these guys.
smile.png

Good luck on your hatch(es)!

i numbered each egg/breed, drew the air cell on the egg also, to see how badly irregular it was then took pics and made notes. then i'll see when they develop which is doing what.

and on eggs that had worse damage i put them in the turner, arranged so that there would be minimal 'slosh' from turning. least amount of damage aimed in the direction of the turner...

i was planning on candling tonight but that might have to wait, my left hand got mashed today while catching a loose horse, so i only have minimal use of it now...
he.gif

we'll see after drugs kick in...
th.gif

Quote:
I don't think I have the willpower to wait that long!
big_smile.png
I sure hope it all works out for you! Good luck!

ki4got, ouch!! Hope your hand mends up quickly. That sounds painful! Clever, marking the air cell on the egg! We should all compare notes after our hatch days.
smile.png

Quote:
I don't think I have the willpower to wait that long!
big_smile.png
I sure hope it all works out for you! Good luck!

ki4got, ouch!! Hope your hand mends up quickly. That sounds painful! Clever, marking the air cell on the egg! We should all compare notes after our hatch days.
smile.png

thanks... fortunately my ponies all come to the sound of candy wrappers (starlight mints) so she wsn't hard to catch, it was that i had to drive up the driveway while holding the lead, and she put on the brakes, cramming my hand into the rear window pillar on the car door... (driveway's over half mile long, straight up the mountainside) and the fact that i was stubborn enough to not let go sooner.

my eggs were set on the 30th, hatch around the 21st ish. and years and years of scientific method crammed in my brain, the bantam eggs from my own chickens is the 'control group' gathered same times as the shipped eggs, stored room temp on my desk, but not shipped.

Quote:
It's pretty cute that they're trained to know the sound of mint candy! I come running too with the sound of starlight mints!
big_smile.png
They're my favorite.

We have the same hatch date! Incubation here started at 2pm PST. Fantastic that you have your own control group!

Quote:
It's pretty cute that they're trained to know the sound of mint candy! I come running too with the sound of starlight mints!
big_smile.png
They're my favorite.

We have the same hatch date! Incubation here started at 2pm PST. Fantastic that you have your own control group!

ok an update on teh status...
12/14 EE are developing, the 2 worst scrambled i don't think are doing it. 19/21 dorkings, including the worst scrambled!, the 5 marans, no clue, they're too dark to see anything, and of my 11 bantams, 9 are developing. hm... guess 2 is my (un)lucky number... but i still don't have room for all the good eggs in the turner!

then again we're at day 4, and tho i'm sure i saw blood vessels in all of the 'good' eggs, some didn't look quite right, and nearly all the development was right at the air cells...
hu.gif
but my turner isn't designed to turn horizontally, only vertically, so cross fingers...
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom