Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

This is etta.. Salmon Faverolles.. I think she's pretty, but certainly "off" when it comes to what she's supposed to look like.

Poor girl is currently in jail because of bumblefoot. We're on day 4 of an antibiotic wrap, but it doesn't seem to be helping... Next phase is cutting her foot open if it doesn't get better (although I'm NOT going to go buy a scalpel or set foot in a store for the next few days.)

P.S. I spent a week at Whidbey Island (Oak Harbor) this summer. Nice place. Especially if you like to race sailboats :)

Last edited:
aww I like the look of them my two 12 week olds are salmon faverollie/java barred rock crosses.....the hen looks like a barred rock the male is brown :) he's really getting some pretty feathers in :) hope you can fix the problem without surgery have seen vidoes on how to treat that doesnt look like great fun, what other kinds of chickens do you have or just the salmon faverollies?
This is etta.. Salmon Faverolles.. I think she's pretty, but certainly "off" when it comes to what she's supposed to look like.

Poor girl is currently in jail because of bumblefoot. We're on day 4 of an antibiotic wrap, but it doesn't seem to be helping... Next phase is cutting her foot open if it doesn't get better (although I'm NOT going to go buy a scalpel or set foot in a store for the next few days.)

P.S. I spent a week at Whidbey Island (Oak Harbor) this summer. Nice place. Especially if you like to race sailboats :)
yep they love the sailing srtuff here there is so many funs things to do here in the summer :) great island to explore :)

Last edited:
The Wyandotte and Orpington haven't started laying yet.... The were born May 1st ish. this spring... So that's 7 months and no eggs... Coming spring had better find some different eggs in the nests... We may have Lavender Laced Chicken Fried Chicken or something.....

wow that seems rather late for orps maybe I misremember didnt think orps took so long to lay........have seen mixed reports on wyandotte times anywhere from 16 weeks to 36 bout the longest I think I noted.(no doubt perticular birds and even lines of birds will vary that depending on breeders goals in breeding)...have they gone thru their juvenile molt?

I had wondered the other day will a pullet start laying in winter or only start in spring?

Juvenile Molt ?????? darned if I know.... doesn't look like it, but then I don't know squat about chickens yet.... I picked up my chickens about Aug. 8th.... they were 13-14 weeks old... And then they were fed Purina flock raiser for 6 weeks then Layena... Lots of oyster shells, roasted egg shells and Granite Grit... Scratch treats, veggies, fruits...
They were beaten/molested by the rooster for several weeks... until I got the jail built... I think that delayed egg laying but how to know...

ah moving em can do it.. course I am no chicken expert either :) my rooster was picking on my baby chicks also until violet stepped between them she kind of put him in his place whenever he charges the chicks she steps between them, she is 8 months old.. and going into molt now..so I wont see an egg for maybe a month unless she surprises me :) it's been interesting to watch the flock interact and come together as a flock they all took a dust bath the other day together so I figure they are relaxing and have settled into things as a developing flock :) violet has been good for the 13 week olds, she showed them how to graze grass yesterday they were cracking me up slurping grass down like tasty worms :)

In June I got a 4 month old pullet from a guy in Seattle. She was small and not in the best health, so I figured she'd be a late layer. In August and September she was molting, so no eggs. Then in October they days were short and the hens slowed down their laying. Tomorrow the hen will be 41 weeks and she has never laid an egg. I'm secretly hoping for a Thanksgiving surprise (or maybe Christmas??).

Back
Top Bottom