Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

goodpost.gif
True story!

I hope to have baby ducks on Valentines Day.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

They are a test batch, so we will see.
Testing:
bow.gif
Fertility
bow.gif
Incubator
bow.gif
Humidity
I plopped some Gold Trout Runner eggs and a bunch of Rainbow Runner eggs into the incubator.
celebrate.gif

I usually place an ad on Craigs List but if you want some I will post here first.
I am still waiting for the Blue Trout runners to lay. They are the adults I bought from the Holderreads.
The Goldens I bought as babies last summer from the Holderreads as well.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Who else cought Hatchititus???
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Good to know would love to have some runners.

The best OEs come from Black Copper Marans, as they have the darkest brown eggs.

I used Blue Copper marans and Blue Ameraucanas to make my OEs, and the chicks hatched are all blue & splash...a beautiful bonus !

Since the Cuckoo Marans egg is between a light brown and a dark brown, your OE would more than likely be an Easter egger...a light brown layer and a blue layer make an easter egger.

A dark brown layer and blue layer make an Olive Egger.
If you want french Silver Cuckoos, I have them & can ship to you in a month or so.
I really do advise using a BCM, though.

I may get into those in the future, mostly I want the Marans for their barring so I can sex the hatched babies. Can you sex your chicks? And what would they cost?

Thanks y'all for the help in diagnosing my chicken that is molting. Never seen one when its molting before. So then, when a chicken is molting their feathers just break and then fall out? About how long should this last? I just love the color of her feathers, so I can't wait to see her new ones.

Thanks y'all for the help in diagnosing my chicken that is molting. Never seen one when its molting before.  So then, when a chicken is molting their feathers just break and then fall out? About how long should this last? I just love the color of her feathers, so I can't wait to see her new ones.

The old feathers are pushed out by the new feathers coming in, kind of like when kids lose their baby teeth.

Thanks y'all for the help in diagnosing my chicken that is molting. Never seen one when its molting before. So then, when a chicken is molting their feathers just break and then fall out? About how long should this last? I just love the color of her feathers, so I can't wait to see her new ones.

What looks like broken off feathers are actually the new pin feathers coming in. Here's a photo and some info.
http://www.avianaquamiser.com/posts/How_chicken_feathers_grow/

Last show was a 2 day event, and there is no way I can afford a stay in a motel.........so, I did not go.
Before that, WFF shows were a one day event....with coop in before 8 AM and judging beginning at 9 am...coop out usually around 4-5 PM
There is no way we can afford a 2 day motel stay for a chicken show.
WFF have just eliminated almost all competitors by making the shows a 2 day event, something the wealthier of us can only afford.
Not to mention that we are (most of us) serious "farmers" and have animals & birds at home that need tending to...and who to do it while we are messing around for 2 days & 1 night at a poultry show ?
It is just not something we can do.....................so
If this show is a 2 day show like the last show was, I will not be competing again.
Hi There, the Monroe Fairground calendar lists the WFF show as being on March 19th, 9a -2p…..Am not sure what that means….since it usually lasts longer than that but as long as i have been attending and watching other show schedules, it is the only one that is one day. For those interested, there are other shows in the spring also….The PNPA show is usually just before or after the Monroe show and is usually at the Clark Co. fairgrounds, Ridgefield, Wa. ( near the Washington / Oregon border. It has also been at Stevenson, Wa. about 30-40 min. east along the Columbia river.)

I might be able to pull that one would be a long day from here. I have realized my peeps must be all mixes, my new light Brahmas gave me the second egg since they have been here very light in color. the 6 I have in my main coop tend to lay on the floor those are very dark brown the barsds seem to be a tad lighter brown with the rhode island reds falling in the brown to beige categ:he ory.
Penny, they have laid 2 eggs?

Back
Top Bottom