Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I really feel for you people on the west side with all your rain. I figured I could get away without covering my run. Wrong. So I just about busted a gut dragging this piece of plywood on top of the run. Didn't have anybody to help me but it's at least there now. It is supposed to rain basically for the next 24 hours. And I'm keeping them locked in the run tomorrow because I planted some clover and grass seed and I don't want them eating it. I might keep them in the coop and run all week, not sure yet. I am eventually going to fence off that part of the yard but it hasn't happened yet.
if you choose use a tarp but at least 6 ml or better can buy clear or white letting more natural light in.
Living where we are with the domes covered by tarps we have learned what works to
not have water issues from rain.. Living in Juneau all the years I did we do not get
much rain at all
lau.gif

Last edited:
I do have a tarp but the winds have been bad today. I've seen a few white and clear tarts but they are expensive. Next pay day I may look into getting one. I just had to do something to get through the next couple days.

I really feel for you people on the west side with all your rain. I figured I could get away without covering my run. Wrong. So I just about busted a gut dragging this piece of plywood on top of the run. Didn't have anybody to help me but it's at least there now. It is supposed to rain basically for the next 24 hours. And I'm keeping them locked in the run tomorrow because I planted some clover and grass seed and I don't want them eating it. I might keep them in the coop and run all week, not sure yet. I am eventually going to fence off that part of the yard but it hasn't happened yet.

The wind over here (E. WA) has been horrible this week. Last Fall, we had a terrible storm that blew off my green house roof and knocked one of my coops over, so I worry about your board blowing off and into your house wall.

The wind over here (E. WA) has been horrible this week.  Last Fall, we had a terrible storm that blew off my green house roof and knocked one of my coops over,  so I worry about your board blowing off and into your house wall. 

The coop is next to the garage. The board is on the north east side, most of the wind comes from the Southwest or even just self so I am hoping it will be OK. But I was a little worried about it too.

The coop is next to the garage. The board is on the north east side, most of the wind comes from the Southwest or even just self so I am hoping it will be OK. But I was a little worried about it too.
We live in a very small town that is pretty protected from the worst
winds as we are inland in between two lakes but not at one.
You where ahead of the game where you placed so pat yourself on the back for that one
yippiechickie.gif

I'd keep the rain out here vs the crazy winters and wildfires that seem to happen out east.
hide.gif
Brave people and chickies.

I'd keep the rain out here vs the crazy winters and wildfires that seem to happen out east.
hide.gif
Brave people and chickies.
Right with the there we have green trees hillsides and Mountains to view
not dry barren wasteland.. showed dogs 35 years eastern Washington circuit was
called the death circuit for a reason
clap.gif

actually we Moved here to Western Washington back in 68 from Wisconsin
summers everything turns brown and you have tornado's for fun, freeze you tush off in the winter
Ma said she didn't have to shovel rain
lau.gif

I really feel for you people on the west side with all your rain. I figured I could get away without covering my run. Wrong. So I just about busted a gut dragging this piece of plywood on top of the run. Didn't have anybody to help me but it's at least there now. It is supposed to rain basically for the next 24 hours. And I'm keeping them locked in the run tomorrow because I planted some clover and grass seed and I don't want them eating it. I might keep them in the coop and run all week, not sure yet. I am eventually going to fence off that part of the yard but it hasn't happened yet
Don't feel too bad for us. This is the first real rain we have had in SW WA. in about 2 weeks. We're doing OK.
It's been an amazing April!

Covered runs are never a bad idea in most of the Northern US! I went to ACE hardware and got a roll of 6 ml plastic and used straps to hold it down. So far, so good.

We live in a very small town that is pretty protected from the worst
winds as we are inland in between two lakes but not at one.
You where ahead of the game where you placed so pat yourself on the back for that one :yiipchick

Yeah, I picked that spot because it will be shaded in the afternoon sun. Heat killed one of my birds last summer, the other side of the garage has a lot more room but absolutely no shade. The law here says it should be 50 feet from the property line, it's only about 5 feet :)

Back
Top Bottom