Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

chicken_butt_joke_mousepad.jpg

So I decided to try the lipstick idea. I had a little chat with the girls and told em those who are layin are stayin. Those who are slackin start packin. At the end of the day I had one rainbow colored egg !!!!

BTW for any interested...... I will be at the YARD BIRDS AUCTION Saturday.

Rally at the Capitol on Saturday, in front of the Tivoli fountain.

Wondering if anyone was going (it's a good place to air one's views about gun control since the press will be there. It runs from 10 - 4pm - just thought I'd toss it out since I usually go to Yardbirds and thought maybe I could meet some BYC'ers if they were going. (BTW, I'M NOT TAKING ANY POLITICAL SIDE IN THIS WHILE ON BYC, JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW IT'S HAPPENING)

Yardbirds auction in Chehalis on Saturday mornings - good supply of rainbow eggs and not pricey!

Thanks. For right now it will have to wait though. One of my hens got attacked by something yesterday. I think a cat. :( She's alive, no serious wounds but is naked. A cat is all i can think of that will pull all the feathers out of a chicken and not really hurt it. There are tons of cats here because I live in North Tacoma. being in the city everyone owns cats and lets them roam :(

Quote: Hey CL....hope all is going well. I am on and off of here. This is the first time I have posted in ages. I used to raise bunnies (rabbits) and my parents (many many years ago) had a "commercial rabbitry" in California. So I was raised that all culls were butchured around 10 weeks old. I know what you mean though.

Hey, those turkeys will not stop laying eggs. LOL. I will have some eggs to put in lock down next week and then we will just keep going from there. Just got anothe today. So far most have been fertile. I had one that died part way in....but the others all look great. I think I have 12 in the incubator right now. Crazy **** birds. Wish I could buy Julie's.

Is there anyone here that lives on/visits Vashon Island and also comes to Seattle (AND has a truck or minivan)? There is something I want to buy on Craigslist but I don't want to go there..lol.

It doesn't hurt to ask!

Please go to link to hear the Mom............

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/187355701.html?tab=video#lf_comment=52306179

If you can help, please do.

Ilwaco fishing family struggles against waves of bad news

By Meghan Kalkstein, KATU News Published: Jan 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM PST

ILWACO, Wash. – A Washington state family is at the breaking point after a series of tragedies and the latest round of bad news has hit them especially hard.
“It’s all… happened so quickly,” Bea Shedore said.
In 2011, Bea’s husband Mike was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease, rendering the long-time fisherman into a dependent who must type his words into a computer to communicate.
In 2012, his fishing boat, the Two Mikes, named for father and son, was involved in an accident and sank while employees were at the helm. The family’s life savings and economic stability sank along with it.
"I have to depend on people for everything. I was independent,” Mike tapped out on his computer when KATU News talked to him in July of 2012.
This past fall, Mike suffered a heart attack and had more medical complications. He is now in a care facility.
Then last month, during Christmas break, young Mikey, age 6, complained of pain in his back. The heart-breaking diagnosis: Leukemia.
Bea has been by his side in the hospital for a week as he undergoes blood draws and sits in a hospital bed, an IV dripping nearby. Mikey struggles to walk.
"I feel so helpless because you want to do everything to make him better, but you can't,” Bea said.
Bea had been hoping for a respite from the bad news piling up against her family. "New Years I prayed: 'Please, God, let this be a good year.' This was like [January] 8th when it happened,” she said.
"I'm falling apart, but I gotta be strong for everybody,” Bea added. She is also taking care of twin babies, which Mikey was helping with before he fell ill.
Mikey is going through treatments twice a week for a month, but they expect he'll be dealing with his cancer for more than three years.

The Shedore's say their community in Ilwaco has stepped up to help them out by starting a donation account at the Bank of the Pacific and creating a benefit to help the family financially.

There is also a Facebook page dedicated to Mikey’s struggle with cancer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom