Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi everyone! I am sucking at keeping up but trying! (I introduced myself about a week ago and was warned that this thread moves fast!) We made some pretty big additions to our little farm this week and then my Subaru (the 'big' car) blew it's head gasket so now I have to find another one! Hopefully things will calm down now & I will have some time to get to know everyone here :)

First we adopted a pair of Holland Lop rabbits, they came to us quite thin, but the vet said they appear in good shape otherwise. They are already a looking little plumper. Frieda is on the left and Lydia on the right. They are such sweethearts.

Then we got 3 baby girls.. 2 Wyandottes and a buff Orpington (bringing our flock count up to 7)
(don't worry, the photo shoot lasted about 2 minutes & the tutu was loose enough for her to walk through it :) )

Darling and your a good photographer. What camera do all of you guys use?

Does anyone know where you can purchase leg bands for showing? I want to go to the Monroe show, but didn't think I was going to be able to go since I had no birds. Now, with my Wyandotte's, I can actually go to shows this spring. Surprisingly, they didn't have leg bands when I bought them this weekend and I need leg bands before Friday when entries must be mailed in.
If you need colored numbered bands, Wilco has them.
I am going to buy an incubator tomorrow and am having trouble choosing between still air and circulated air. I am leaning more towards circulated. What is everyones opinion on either type? And what incubator do you have?
I have an Orp-o-bator right now.
lau.gif

It's got something stuck to its rear! Maybe not pasty butt but it's got something... And it's brown.
Umbilical/egg. It will fall off
Quote: I don't know what it is with my chickens, but all the eggs have hatched at day 19. The last ones in Nov. and this go round with Itsren(the eggs were from me) and mine here. My hens must start cooking them before laying them.

Quote: I slept through it most of the night! Little buggers are noisy! One of the chicks goes up to all of the newly hatched chicks and pecks them. Until one of the new chicks turned around and pecked it back before collapsing from hatch-exhaustion!

Hi everyone! I am sucking at keeping up but trying! (I introduced myself about a week ago and was warned that this thread moves fast!) We made some pretty big additions to our little farm this week and then my Subaru (the 'big' car) blew it's head gasket so now I have to find another one! Hopefully things will calm down now & I will have some time to get to know everyone here :)

First we adopted a pair of Holland Lop rabbits, they came to us quite thin, but the vet said they appear in good shape otherwise. They are already a looking little plumper. Frieda is on the left and Lydia on the right. They are such sweethearts.

Then we got 3 baby girls.. 2 Wyandottes and a buff Orpington (bringing our flock count up to 7)
(don't worry, the photo shoot lasted about 2 minutes & the tutu was loose enough for her to walk through it :) )

So adorable! and yes X2 on great photos!

Quote: I don't know what it is with my chickens, but all the eggs have hatched at day 19. The last ones in Nov. and this go round with Itsren(the eggs were from me) and mine here. My hens must start cooking them before laying them.

Haha! Orp-o-bator!
lau.gif

I had 1 on day 20, 5 on day 21, and a couple that have pipped since. One pipped but hasn't done anything since. I hope it's just napping.

Time for chores and work. Have a great day everyone!

Today: 4 loads of laundry, clean kitchen and bathrooms, vacuum whole house, kiddo's do their jobs, homeschool, chicken chores, PLAY! It's supposed to be beautiful today, really hoping we're not stuck doing school for very long! C'mon kiddo, work diligently!

Today: 4 loads of laundry, clean kitchen and bathrooms, vacuum whole house, kiddo's do their jobs, homeschool, chicken chores, PLAY! It's supposed to be beautiful today, really hoping we're not stuck doing school for very long! C'mon kiddo, work diligently!

There's no rush or anything so important that when you are home schooling you can't take a break for a day, right? If the weather is awesome, take the kids for a sunny break! Schoolin' can wait!
Besides, there's so many lessons learned being in the great outdoors!

Quote:
Yes, except I'm feeling the crunch to make sure he's at least up to grade level. At this age there's no way of telling, all our subjects are going just fine and in some ways he's "ahead", but we still try to do school every day or we get behind and I lose motivation to start up school again.

Okay, I apologize, I have not been on here in 100 years. But many of you know me. I am going to go to the Monroe show here in a couple weeks and I am looking for a place to stay instead of forking out big $$$$ for motel. Do any of my BYC buddies live in the monroe area mind a couch-crasher for 1 possibly 2 nights? I will be coming over Friday. :) Please send me a PM as I just have not had the time to get on here. Hope to see you all at the Monroe show.
yippiechickie.gif
frow.gif

OK just a quick flyby. I am way behind so may have missed things. Just a quick heads up to those wanting "no mess" chicks at Monroe. I may not have much selection. See I may now be done with metal art. My plasma cutter died over the weekend. I bought some rather pricey parts that were supposed to fix it. Nope it is still not working. I am going to disassemble and look for other problems but IF I find none I will be done. Out of the metal art. See I can't buy a new machine.

Quote:
OMGosh! What a sweet doll!! Congrats x2!!!

My husband was smart. He put a paper towel down before holding the little blue PRIR.

I, on the other hand, get to wash my sweatshirt. ChickAudie, this is the Blue Orpington.

They are so adorable!!! I am super excited to meet them! Haha, I know what you mean about the orps being SO LOUD with their tiny chirps!!

Those are some great pics!

OK just a quick flyby. I am way behind so may have missed things. Just a quick heads up to those wanting "no mess" chicks at Monroe. I may not have much selection. See I may now be done with metal art. My plasma cutter died over the weekend. I bought some rather pricey parts that were supposed to fix it. Nope it is still not working. I am going to disassemble and look for other problems but IF I find none I will be done. Out of the metal art. See I can't buy a new machine.

Ouch. Those aren't cheap. If you want, my dad (came to IKEA) is awesome at fixing things, if you want PM me and I will give you his phone number. I can't tell you how many times I called him in Iowa and described some strange noise, broken water heater, lawn mower won't start (etc.). He had it figured out by the time we got off the phone and I had a list of instructions LOL!

Hope you can get it figured out! Those are so cool!

I need BYC help with these poultry nipples. I know there has been many conversations about them in the past, so I hope I am not being too repetitive, but what-in-the-heck-one am I supposed to buy???!!! Haha, I keep looking them up and I have two glass bottles (I can drill if I need to) that I really want to use. Do I just order 5 of them and cut a hole in a cap n' stick it in there? I need schematics!

Back
Top Bottom