Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So chick #7 hatched a few minutes ago and its toes are curled.
hu.gif
What do I do!?

And I ruined Mac n Cheese posting this...
he.gif

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it.html

Ok... I may have been a little preemptive. Perhaps its just straightening out from being cramped in the egg... Poor little girl can't walk very well, and she's trying to cuddle with the other chicks but they keep walking away from her. I would hold her if I could keep her warm enough.
sad.png
hugs.gif
love.gif

Hi guys !
It's been a while since I have been on, so looks like alot is going on...hopefully all is well.

Bummer about CR's machine !
And Lutefisk's dog !

I have entered a few birds in the upcoming show.....5 to be exact...hopefully not biting off more than I can chew.
We also have to go out to lunch with DS,DiL & granbabies when we are in Monroe......................celebrating granson & DiL & my birthdays all in one luncheon.

I am just now starting to get eggs:
BBS Jersey Giants
Silver Cuckoo Marans
I have not separated the Blue Coppers into their own pen but plan on doing that soon...so maybe have their eggs for sale in another month or 2, with a fresh and very nice Blue Copper boy !

We ordered the 2 shower stalls, and the R-38 insulation that goes in the gambrel trusses, due by the end of this week and then it will be alot of packing heavy stuff up the stairs................
th.gif

Edited to add: I see it is Sweetlilbaby's dog that is sick ?
Bummer !!!!!!!!!!!!!
How are you doing? Glad you will be at the show. I will be there with about 10 birds to show. I a probabl biting off too much. LOL. I am still looking for somewhere to stay though. Or share a motel room. LOL.

Hey TacomaFarms, hope your baby does alright.

Chick hatching is so stressful!!

Here is a pic of the chicks I picked up from Wilco a few weeks back!

They have been so fun! The kids are lovin' them, the dogs behaving, and they grow so fast! They graduated from a cardboard box - to a rubber tote - to an extra large kennel in a couple weeks! The BO chick is louder than a friggin' smoke detector when she's away from the rest. The BA is a sweet heart (and she flaps out of the kennel and on my shoulder as I was just writing that!)

I get to get the rest of the girls from Itsren tomorrow!!! So excited!

Sweetlilbaby, be sure to keep us updated. I hope all those who haven't been feeling well gets better. The sun always works magic on this side of the mountains, and it's almost here.

Did anyone else notice that there is no place on the show entry forms for a leg band #? Or am I missing it...
I just printed mine out.....Hmmmmm, you would be correct. Wonder what is up with that. I have to figure out seramas too. Do I need to put them in the right "class" as in weight? I will go ask Jen Hoveland-Dooms. I hate filling these out.

I just printed mine out.....Hmmmmm, you would be correct. Wonder what is up with that. I have to figure out seramas too.  Do I need to put them in the right "class" as in weight? I will go ask Jen Hoveland-Dooms. I hate filling these out.

Would you recommend just putting it to the side? I would think leg bands would be very important, especially for those raising 1 variety where all the birds look the same (like me). I'm surprised they forgot a spot for leg bands.

Quote: I think that it gets out on at the show? I know people were putting them on the day of the show in Chehalis. Maybe its for identification purposes when they are keeping track of awards? Not sure. I have never filled one out, but am going to enter a blue slikie hen this time, just to get the experience. She has been there, done that, but I haven't.
big_smile.png

Just felt like sharing some new pictures.

Demon watching over the chickens

Demon and his toy cow

My muscovy ducks and you can see my hen in the background

Curly she's 6 this year i have no clue what her breed is.

my chick from december It's HUGE it's actually laying in a hole right there starting to think it may be some giant breed or something

Oscar curled up in my blanket

Oscar trying to get his toys out from under my reclyner. He puts them under there all the time.

Back
Top Bottom