Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The day I had my first went like this:

1. Get up make breakfast do dishes

2. Feed horses

3. Load mare into trailer, take her to friend to be bred to his stallion. After breeding, walk mare for half an hour to prevent urination (she could eliminate the semen.

4. Take trailer home, and muck out stall for 3 other horses.

5. Make lunch - do dishes.

6. Excercise 3 horses (ground work only - then rub them down and turn them out)

7. Go swimming (gotta keep in shape hehe!)

8. afternoon snack.

9. Get ready and go out for diner and dancing with friends. (Domain Chandon, Napa Valley)

10. home, watch T.V. movie "Spartacus, the olde version).

11. Midnight - water broke and off to the hospital (baby 1 month early) 25 minutes away

Yup, busy life, keeping fit and having babies is natural.

Lol my morning i woke up. Stood up and thought i peed myself. Sheepishly went to the bathroom cleaned up. Moved again and more gush and contraction. CAlled fianc e. Feed birds, goats, dogs, cat, and fiances brother finds me hangin on the rabbit cage through last contraction. He feeds the rabbit and i alosh back to the house( pouring rain) after scaring the crap out of poor future brother in law. Fiance arrives and off to the birthing in.

Last edited:
Everything was going great integrating Latte in with the younger three. I'm not sure what happened today. I left them out free-ranging in the back yard while I was away. I came home, the 3 younger black birds were in their little coop. The big girls were in their big coop. It took a while to find Latte, only to discover she was in the big girl's run sitting on an outdoor perch. For quite a while she was so happy being the top of the "littles" flock, but I have noticed that the BCM is probably taking over that position. The 3 "littles" are now a little bit bigger than Latte. Latte has returned to being a loner. I'm so at a loss with this girl.
he.gif
Breaks my heart to have a loner.

Everything was going great integrating Latte in with the younger three. I'm not sure what happened today. I left them out free-ranging in the back yard while I was away. I came home, the 3 younger black birds were in their little coop. The big girls were in their big coop. It took a while to find Latte, only to discover she was in the big girl's run sitting on an outdoor perch. For quite a while she was so happy being the top of the "littles" flock, but I have noticed that the BCM is probably taking over that position. The 3 "littles" are now a little bit bigger than Latte. Latte has returned to being a loner. I'm so at a loss with this girl.
he.gif
Breaks my heart to have a loner.
I've had loners. I have one right now. Though she doesn't really have any friends, she picks around the yard with the big girls (she's a bantam) and is doing just fine. Is Latte okay with how things are going for her? If she seems happy and well-adjusted, I wouldn't worry so much. But I do agree, it is sad when loners stand around...alone.

Quote:
Well, she's not sleeping in a coop tonight. She's locked in the run she perched in though. I hope it doesn't get too cold. Will she get sick being out in the cold in an enclosed run (hardware cloth)?

She should be fine. I have put Pig Pen in the tractor by himself for a couple of week when I integrated the teens into the flock. That was in November.

So we got the soil for two 4x6 raised beds today. Just need to go get the boards and screws. I have strawberries to plant in one that we got this morning. Couldn't beat the .49 cents each at Fred Meyer. After I get the two beds done. We can look at doing more. 

COOL, what kind of strwberries ?
I have June bearing from WA4-HPoultryMom (in Monroe) and these babies make HUGE berries !
I always want to get the other varieties, so I will have berries all summer.

I got 10 June bearing and 20 everbearing. There are 3 different varieties of everbearing. They will go in a raised bed since the ones I planted in the ground last year only did so-so at best.

I'm only going to make wood beds. It's cheap compared to cement blocks. I want to put a lot of beds in eventually. I've saved quite a few feed sacks to use to grow some purple potatoes in. I know peas do well in our native soil, but should do even better in the bed

I really want a big greenhouse.

Quote:
Well, she's not sleeping in a coop tonight. She's locked in the run she perched in though. I hope it doesn't get too cold. Will she get sick being out in the cold in an enclosed run (hardware cloth)?
Years ago, when my first group of bantams was young and in their prime, we lost one in the snow. She escaped the run when I went in to make sure their food and water were good. Looked and looked, called and offered up tasty treats. She didn't come out. A few days went by and more snow fell. We wrote her off. Then, as I was getting ready for school one morning, I looked out the kitchen window and saw her picking around under the bird feeders. That should answer your question.
wink.png

I feel I should mention that she's about nine years old at this point.

Does Anyone know where I can buy a smaller bottle of Eprinex? $50 for the smallest bottle is more than I'll ever use!

Excellent Question! I haven't caught up yet so if this question has been answered already, let me know.
I would love it if 2 or more of us could split up a bottle of eprinex. Would you be interested? Would anyone else be interested? Maybe even if you have already purchase a lifetime supply and want to sell a portion of it???? Any interest anyone?

Back
Top Bottom