Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Im dying laughing!!!! Blukote is fun!
I guess I didn't tell you guys ?
I told a few people so I wasn't sure.
Yesterday I was looking over the Cornballs....they are 3 weeks old now and the size of a large softball...and one had a peck sore going on the side of his Pope's nose....a common thing at this age.
So I get out the Bluekote, had it on the incubator and went to grab the cornball, easy enough to catch the little fatty.
I sets him on top the incubator & got the Bluekote dabber between Right thumb & forefinger, and then the cornball takes off...breaks free & runs across the incubator and I grabs him with remaining 3 fingers of the right hand & my left hand.............and so the dabber (dripping wet) is held above & between his wings...and that was when he decided to fly.
:barnie
And he tried to fly about 150 miles an hour although I held on tight enough..............

The blue kote was then splattered ALL OVER ME< THE CEILING< THE BIRD< THE WALLS< THE INCUBATOR>
Everywhere is purple splatters !
All over my face, arms & glasses is purple freckles .....hands are purple, purple fingernails.....purple speckled shirt..........
I tried to get it off with isipropal alcohol, and for the most part got most off, but I still have faint purple freckles that are just gonna have to wear off.

:gig

Oh, and I now have a purple Cornish X.

Lilfarmmomma - Sorry about your Silkie roo. With the exception of one, even the Silkie boys I've had have been sweet, and even that one boy would just peck me once in a while when I was replacing the feeders or waterers in the coop.

Still waiting for more chicks. I've got one starting to zip, but can't see any action on the other two in the incubator. My one little peeper is waiting for some friends to come out and play! I do need to go check the Silkie coop and see if that one BLRW egg has done anything yet.

DH and I are taking off for Wilco here in a few minutes. Someone forgot to buy medicated chick food when they were at Wilco the other day. And I guess that would be me since I'm the one in charge of chick and chicken needs...
idunno.gif

so after candeling most of the eggs I put in the incubator 20 days ago at 10 days I was sure I had ruined the whole batch. Most went to the pigs. but there were a few I was not sure about so I left them in the incubator. I moved them off the turner late friday, and this morning my incubator is chirping! I will get at least a few I hope. I also got some rosecomb ancona eggs at the show last weekend from eliz and they candled great with at least 15 and probably 16 out of 17 developing well.

Yesterday I was looking over the Cornballs....they are 3 weeks old now and the size of a large softball...and one had a peck sore going on the side of his Pope's nose....a common thing at this age.
So I get out the Bluekote, had it on the incubator and went to grab the cornball, easy enough to catch the little fatty.
I sets him on top the incubator & got the Bluekote dabber between Right thumb & forefinger, and then the cornball takes off...breaks free & runs across the incubator and I grabs him with remaining 3 fingers of the right hand & my left hand.............and so the dabber (dripping wet) is held above & between his wings...and that was when he decided to fly.
barnie.gif

And he tried to fly about 150 miles an hour although I held on tight enough..............

The blue kote was then splattered ALL OVER ME< THE CEILING< THE BIRD< THE WALLS< THE INCUBATOR>
All over my face, arms & glasses is purple freckles .....hands are purple, purple fingernails.....purple speckled shirt..........
I tried to get it off with isipropal alcohol, and for the most part got most off, but I still have faint purple freckles that are just gonna have to wear off.

gig.gif

hehe!! Thanks for the giggle!!
Lilfarmmomma - Sorry about your Silkie roo. With the exception of one, even the Silkie boys I've had have been sweet, and even that one boy would just peck me once in a while when I was replacing the feeders or waterers in the coop.

Still waiting for more chicks. I've got one starting to zip, but can't see any action on the other two in the incubator. My one little peeper is waiting for some friends to come out and play! I do need to go check the Silkie coop and see if that one BLRW egg has done anything yet.

DH and I are taking off for Wilco here in a few minutes. Someone forgot to buy medicated chick food when they were at Wilco the other day. And I guess that would be me since I'm the one in charge of chick and chicken needs...
idunno.gif
Thank you! I have wanted Silkies ever since I saw them at the county fair one year, but never really had room for more than a few chickens at a time, plus, we rented. Now we are in a permanent residence, so I can pretty much do whatever I want, much to DH's chagrine.
yesss.gif
I have decided to have a layer coop and I am also going to build a Bantam coop, just for my fun chickens. You know, the "OMG, they are SO cute!!" ones.

I might save up for an incubator for next year. Just a small one for a few eggs. I love reading about everybody's experiences with waiting for babies.
love.gif

So sorry I love Mastiffs!
Thank you! Aside from this, she is THE best dog I have ever had. She has always just been good. Never went through any of the normal puppy issues with her, she housebroke in a week, she was always mellow, just all around amazing. I would definitely have another one, the only downside is the short life expectancy. She will be 7 in November, so realistically, we probably only have about 3 more years with her. I dread when that day comes.

Okay, tell, tell, tell?????

:barnie

:gig

I've used blue kote once, in my laundry room which has lavender walls..now it has purple specks all over lol. At least it matches ;)

barnie.gif

gig.gif

hey- pink and purple chickens are all the rave at weddings- maybe you're on to something!

Back
Top Bottom