Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

New here to this thread...but not new to WA. I grew up here, spent 15 years in SD and have been back again for 5 years. I have a small flock of mixed layers and have Silkies and Barnevelders in the incubator.
jumpy.gif
Once they are grown up my mixed flock will go and I will keep those two breeds. I have two coops so I can keep two flocks seperated. I've owned Silkies for a few years but lost all my originals to a predator January 1st.
hit.gif

I also have a horse and a pony and a couple of goats that I milk every day. Oh, and barn cats, of course.
smile.png

Anway, nice to "meet" other WA chicken people!

Ok, so here comes the upsetting part of the move that I was hoping did not have to happen.....

I need to sell off most of my flock. I will be keeping about 5 already laying hens and about 10 chicks. I really did not want to do this but with the increase of our mortgage and the cost of moving there is not going to be much left right now for extras. Plus, the area we are moving to most people have their own chickens and I wont have many people to sell to. So I will only be needing enough to provide for our family. At some point a bit down the road I will be breeding and selling chicks, once we get settled.

As far as price, will be a good discount for everyone here. So PM me if you are interested and what you are looking for, I will let ya know what I have.

This is really hard to do and sucks pretty bad. Just one of those steps that has to happen.
hit.gif

New here to this thread...but not new to WA. I grew up here, spent 15 years in SD and have been back again for 5 years. I have a small flock of mixed layers and have Silkies and Barnevelders in the incubator.
jumpy.gif
Once they are grown up my mixed flock will go and I will keep those two breeds. I have two coops so I can keep two flocks seperated. I've owned Silkies for a few years but lost all my originals to a predator January 1st.
hit.gif

I also have a horse and a pony and a couple of goats that I milk every day. Oh, and barn cats, of course.
smile.png

WeLcOmE
welcome-byc.gif
from a duck person.

jumpy.gif
hit.gif

smile.png

What a crappy way to start the new year!

Welcome.

I live in the northern part of Washington state....on the west side. in a little town that allows hens only in the town itself...I can see the entering blah blah town from my house..2 houses down they are in the county not town limits..they can have roos...I sadly cannot, but I can hear theirs from my house..lol..I love it here and am a happy chicken owner with two grown ups and 2 babies...nice to see some of my neighbors on here too.
frow.gif
Love the profile name, my wife was in a production of Blithe Spirit last year. She played the second wife. Have you seen the play?
Quote: I think it is that some crested breeds have a hard time seeing because of the crest, like in Silkies. I have to keep mine trimmed up so they can see ok. Never heard of them being associated with actual blindness.

jumpy.gif
hit.gif

smile.png

I used to live in Rosebud. My favorite Aunt lives in Pringle. I love going there.

Time to get ready for work. Downfall of being scheduled for the first shuttle of the night is that one gets to pick all the equipment up from our repair shop for maintenance. extra few hours before leaving for my Lakewood run.

I am excited to get 3 Blue Silkie chicks from KMHunter on Saturday at the PNPA show and getting 2 BCM, 1 OE and 1 SFH from AyeUpChick on Thursday. Then I am done with getting chicks, unless I get a broody.

Back
Top Bottom