Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Is anyone expecting a hatch any time after the 26th? I'm looking for something blue, splash, or a really good layer. Try me...Lucy will need chicks around the 28th-3-4th?? ish??? LOL I'm not too picky, but I'm not going to let her be broody for more than 2.5 weeks or so, she's a stubborn one!
frow.gif
I may have a few different flavors of Polish. They'll be LF not bantams and I've been told they are decent layers. The eggs are good sized White eggs (Don't tell CR) They're cool looking and supposed to be sweethearts if not for the eggs the Kiddos might like them. They have to hatch first though
fl.gif

Crazy news coverage this morning huh? We've postponed school a little while to catch up with what is going on and pray for those in Massachusetts. The kids are drawing pictures and writing notes to those affected. I have no idea if we'll be able to send them anywhere but it's the thought that counts.
It's crazy I've been glued to the TV since I woke up around 6:00. I wonder if you check with one of our local news outfitts they may be able to direct you to a place to send your letters they always seem to be pretty involed when it comes to that kind of thing.

Is anyone expecting a hatch any time after the 26th? I'm looking for something blue, splash, or a really good layer. Try me...Lucy will need chicks around the 28th-3-4th?? ish??? LOL I'm not too picky, but I'm not going to let her be broody for more than 2.5 weeks or so, she's a stubborn one!

Jess,

I can cook up a batch of BSL's if you want, but they would be 3 wks out from when you say "go"

the incubator is chirping again! first of the turkey poults hatching over the next few hours. still have abut 150 that have not reached lock down yet, and another 120 comming in to be set latter today.
Wow lots of chirpping gonna be happening at your place. Good luck with the peeps

This one's for FirewifeJess

They seem to be getting along swimmingly! Still a bit of pecking order going on at times, but there was never any blood shed, and they are roosting with the other ladies (seen in the background) nightly!

They're also laying pretty consistently :) My husband LOVES the BCM eggs, he said she's his favorite now!

All tonight while I was washing birds, cleaning the pens, and dusting, I did not find one mite, dead or alive. It looks like I will be able to show this weekend!
smile.png
I did dust everything heavily and put on a tiny bit of Frontline on the two birds. Tomorrow night I will check again to be sure before I take him to the show Saturday morning. Also, my birds smell like a tropical paradise now, lol! Here are some pictures of bath time:

The one I will be showing

His hen

Afterwards, all dry and in their freshly cleaned, dusted, and sprayed pen.
I'm not sure about this, because I've never dealt with mites, but I think you may be a bit premature regarding the show. I think that even if you see no mites, there will still be eggs; perhaps even ready to hatch, and since you have bathed them, you have removed any possible deterrent. Since I'm way behind on my posts, someone else may have already dressed this.

Back
Top Bottom