Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

2 more broodies just hatched another 24 or so chicks...............already had 1 broody hatch a mess o'chicks last week, AND I have another mess of eggs in the incubator...things are PEEPING HERE !!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
I thought you weren't going to hatch anymore? Lol! Couldn't resist could you? Especially with a broody to do all the work. I have that same problem!
big_smile.png

How is the house coming?

Last edited:
I haven't posted anything on here in a while. I couldn't find an Old English Game bantam thread so I thought I'd ask your opinions.
This is my 5 month old Mille Fleur OEG Bantam Pullet. What do you all think of her pattern so far? Do you think she is show quality?

I haven't posted anything on here in a while. I couldn't find an Old English Game bantam thread so I thought I'd ask your opinions.
This is my 5 month old Mille Fleur OEG Bantam Pullet. What do you all think of her pattern so far? Do you think she is show quality?

I could check my SOP book. See if there are any pics of this color of OEGB.

I went to the chicken show at Puyallup Saturday and saw some gorgeous birds!!! I forgot to find out who the breeder of the bantam cochins was. There was a whole row of them and multiple colors.
S
Does anyone here know who that could have been? There was splash. Red brown, blue and of course white and black. I'm interested in talking to them about the red browns....
Thanks!
Holly

I remember from one of those replica vintage Sears catalogues which everybody was giving their relatives for Christmas some time around 1970 the unlovely but infinitely practical item known as the Chore Dress: white sailcloth for winter, white muslin in summer, tightly woven to keep the cow/chicken/pig poop on the outside, big enough to be worn over a coat, boilable, bleachable, and cheap enough to own two or three. Having changed clothing four times yesterday (since I got seriously gross feeding the broody pen, again, and had to change into cleaner pants before doing the baby chores, so twice before I even got into town clothes the first time) The idea of an all-enveloping garment I could put over other clothing is a dream of mine.

Not coveralls, either: I've worn those, they do not go with the whole real human body thing. Not Tyvec nor any kind of plastic, either: the stuff has no resistance to abrasion nor puncture.

This came to me when my husband told me I'm allowed to lie down whenever I want. This is the same husband who has the marvelously comfy study sofa covered with unsorted boxes of stuff and the lovely cheap but orthopedically proper IKEA chaise longue buried in weeks worth of newspapers still in their plastic bags... and my rules for respiratory allergy control say no laying down on the bed in work clothing.

Oh, well, best get dressed for round one of chores.

Last edited:
I remember from one of those replica vintage Sears catalogues which everybody was giving their relatives for Christmas some time around 1970 the unlovely but infinitely practical item known as the Chore Dress: white sailcloth for winter, white muslin in summer, tightly woven to keep the cow/chicken/pig poop on the outside, big enough to be worn over a coat, boilable, bleachable, and cheap enough to own two or three. Having changed clothing four times yesterday (since I got seriously gross feeding the broody pen, again, and had to change into cleaner pants before doing the baby chores, so twice before I even got into town clothes the first time) The idea of an all-enveloping garment I could put over other clothing is a dream of mine.

Not coveralls, either: I've worn those, they do not go with the whole real human body thing. Not Tyvec nor any kind of plastic, either: the stuff has no resistance to abrasion nor puncture.

This came to me when my husband told me I'm allowed to lie down whenever I want. This is the same husband who has the marvelously comfy study sofa covered with unsorted boxes of stuff and the lovely cheap but orthopedically proper IKEA chaise longue buried in weeks worth of newspapers still in their plastic bags... and my rules for respiratory allergy control say no laying down on the bed in work clothing.

Would a house coat work? I think they still make those.

Would a house coat work? I think they still make those.

Most of those are polyester, which means they can't be aggressively bleached for hygeine purposes. If I were not a member of Seamstresses Anonymous, I'd make myself a summer one- in winter I usually end up soaked through at the end of chores, so changing clothes is at least more rewarding.

Anyone interested in three 6-7 week old silkies? I'm pretty sure they are cockerels but you know how it goes with this breed lol Dad was a Catdance silkie buff and mother was a porcelain. They all look like this one. No roosters in Tacoma. I don't want to risk that first crow & I have too many chicks! Lol

I am willing to raise them with my silkies and see what they turn out to be. I am catching up on reading posts from the last two days so I have not checked to see if anyone as already offered to take them.

Back
Top Bottom