Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:

Hi There, and welcome to the "family". I'm just a bit further down the road, near Silverdale. I have a blue wheaten ameraucana pullet that I just added this spring. You said you're looking for Blue, does that include blue wheatens? She came from a breeder in Gig Harbor. Several of us have her birds. The Ameraucana Club president hangs out here sometimes, maybe she'll have a suggestion.

So I'm looking at Facebook and I notice an ad for their Rare Breed Chicken Auction site. I click the link. I notice there is a listing for Spitz eggs. I'm curious, so I look to see what the parent birds look like, and I see a picture of some of MY birds. It seems this explitive deleted has been using my picture on EBay, too. He's taken down his auctions on both sites. I've saved a search on EBay for Spitz eggs. If he tries it again there, I'll know, and complain to the proper powers that be. I couldn't post on the FB site because I'm not a member of that page. I contacted a friend who is a member. She posted that he was using other people's pictures. He called her the "C" word on his FB page. He told me to stop crying and put on my big girl panties. What an @#$%%^&*!

Hey Everybody!

This is so cool to see so many chicken enthusiasts in Washington- I'm glad to start out my chicken days in a state that has friendly, welcoming chicken folk like you guys :)
I just got started with a batch of 9 Blue Ameraucana eggs (Of which only 1 hatched so far! :< ) and a week ago picked up 5 Buff Orpington babies.
I'm finishing up building my coop and run in my backyard with my family, and we're really stoked to start our first summer with chickens!

I hate to be the person who starts out their first post with a question, but are any of you guys Ameraucana breeders here in the Puget sound area? I see a lot of Ameraucana fans out in middle/eastern washington, but almost nothing near me!

Looking forward to being a part of this community :)

How old are your chicks? I have a couple different sets of Wheaten Ameraucana chicks that I have hatched. Let me know if I can help you out. Blue is lovely, but wheaten is to die for.
wink.png
Especially the boys...

This is my boy. He is pictured with a Quechua. I have an Ameraucana hen also.
Here is one of my blue wheaten pullets growing out.

You should try Tailfeathers. I believe he only has wheatens.
Do not know anyone close with blues.

Currently living at my friend's home in Tacoma, we have a beautiful Wheaten Ameraucana boy available to a good home. NOT for eating please. He was very friendly and curious and eating from my hand the first 4 weeks of his life here in my computer room. He is approximately 9 weeks old. Please PM me if interested. I'm giving BYC friends first pick before he either goes on Craigslist or to the auction.

And people wonder why I don't like facebook. sheesh.

Hi Mike,
Although I have my issues with FB, stealing other people's photos and content has been happening on the internet for years. It's theft and copyright infringement. That's one reason some people always but a watermark on their photos. I've noticed that Jean has found people copying Ameraucana photos from the club's website and using them as their own. A big part of the complaint in that regard is that people seem to be representing that THOSE birds are the parents of the chickens they are selling. I think she's found them on e-bay, CL, and other auction sites.

If you have your own website there are a couple of ways of combating it, but it's SO easy to capture a screen shot, save it, and use it as your own. The watermark helps there.

I'd like to know how to put a stop to people like HallerLake is dealing with. Sounds like a real piece of work.
tongue.gif

Currently living at my friend's home in Tacoma, we have a beautiful Wheaten Ameraucana boy available to a good home. NOT for eating please. He was very friendly and curious and eating from my hand the first 4 weeks of his life here in my computer room. He is approximately 9 weeks old. Please PM me if interested. I'm giving BYC friends first pick before he either goes on Craigslist or to the auction.

Oh... what a pretty boy! His undercarriage looks kinda blue. What do you think? I hope you find him a good home!

Back
Top Bottom