Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hey Everybody!

This is so cool to see so many chicken enthusiasts in Washington- I'm glad to start out my chicken days in a state that has friendly, welcoming chicken folk like you guys :)

I just got started with a batch of 9 Blue Ameraucana eggs (Of which only 1 hatched so far! :< ) and a week ago picked up 5 Buff Orpington babies.

I'm finishing up building my coop and run in my backyard with my family, and we're really stoked to start our first summer with chickens!

I hate to be the person who starts out their first post with a question, but are any of you guys Ameraucana breeders here in the Puget sound area? I see a lot of Ameraucana fans out in middle/eastern washington, but almost nothing near me!

Looking forward to being a part of this community :)

Welcome to BYC! I am a breeder of BBS Ameraucana's and have some project chicks already started. Located right by north gate :) pm me if your interested in looking

So I'm looking at Facebook and I notice an ad for their Rare Breed Chicken Auction site. I click the link. I notice there is a listing for Spitz eggs. I'm curious, so I look to see what the parent birds look like, and I see a picture of some of MY birds. It seems this explitive deleted has been using my picture on EBay, too. He's taken down his auctions on both sites. I've saved a search on EBay for Spitz eggs. If he tries it again there, I'll know, and complain to the proper powers that be. I couldn't post on the FB site because I'm not a member of that page. I contacted a friend who is a member. She posted that he was using other people's pictures. He called her the "C" word on his FB page. He told me to stop crying and put on my big girl panties. What an @#$%%^&*!

What unbelievable trash. And if this ***** is breeding decent Spitz's, why not just use photos of his own parent stock? Really makes you wonder, doesn't it? JERK!!!

So I'm looking at Facebook and I notice an ad for their Rare Breed Chicken Auction site. I click the link. I notice there is a listing for Spitz eggs. I'm curious, so I look to see what the parent birds look like, and I see a picture of some of MY birds. It seems this explitive deleted has been using my picture on EBay, too. He's taken down his auctions on both sites. I've saved a search on EBay for Spitz eggs. If he tries it again there, I'll know, and complain to the proper powers that be. I couldn't post on the FB site because I'm not a member of that page. I contacted a friend who is a member. She posted that he was using other people's pictures. He called her the "C" word on his FB page. He told me to stop crying and put on my big girl panties. What an @#$%%^&*!
He doesn't seem to understand that it is FRAUD. People buying his eggs aren't going to get the quality birds they would expect from seeing my pictures. His birds are hatchery quality. Mine are show quality. He claimed that he did it because his computer crashed taking all the pictures of his birds with it. He has pictures of his birds in his FB photo albums that he could have used.

Quote:
His undercarriage may very possibly be more blue. He's not living with me now and this is the pic my gf sent this morning. Isn't he pretty? I do wish I could keep the boys - they are always such beautiful birds! I love his fuzzy cheeks. I think he's going to be a gorgeous rooster.

Thanks, Glad I joined too! Everyone on here has been so friendly so far- its been a great introduction to chicken-keeping!

Thank you! :D I'm seeing that! You guys are so nice, thank you for the warm welcome.

Thank you so much for the reply, I appreciate any help I can get! Right across the water from Seattle, in Port Orchard is where I live. I honestly don't mind driving a little ways to find a good breeder, but not terribly far of course.

Blue Ameraucanas are the birds that I'm rather infatuated with- they're terribly lovely, in my opinion :love
. There is a breeder in seabeck that breeds them. Here is their website. http://creefarm.com/ameracaunas.htm

I had contacted them about their blue Marans.

CarolynF

So, how is that lovely suit project for your daughter coming along? I just finished a rather nice blouse, which I'm quite pleased with since it's my own design. And although it took longer to make because of changes while making it, I'm glad I took the extra time to make it just right.

I love linen, and embroidered linen is lovely; just can't stand that it wrinkles so much.
hmm.png

(3/4 length sleeves)

Last edited:
How do I do a watermark?
Depends on what program you are using to edit your photos. Basically it's just putting your name on top - either semi transparently to let the photo show through, or in regular type on top somewhere that doesn't obstruct the pic. Doing it that way, the thief could crop it out, so when I watermark, I do a semitransparent name over a portion of the pic so that however they crop it, it's visible.

Back
Top Bottom