Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I know it seems high right now. The reason it's still high is because they weren't staying to far from the light. So that told me that reducing it more would cause them to get cold.
I just *sigh* I don't know. I've never had chicks this age die on me. Also these ones unlike any chickens I've ever had I cannot hold. I put feed in and they hide, refill their water they hide. They've been like that since I've got them so they are not bred for temperament at all :(
I don't like the breeding practices based on what these chicks are acting like and the death rate.
hugs.gif
So sorry this happened !

Two days ago I started exercising again...finally have the room and the TV & vcr/cd player to play the exercise videos...and BOY am I a hurting unit....LOVE IT !
I also went down the OR coast yesterday..it is an hour & half drive to Tillamook for us, and got lots of cheese & bedding plants and had a great time & it was SO HOT 7 SUNNY all the way til we got home here..sheesh.
See ya all later
frow.gif

I have 6 out of 12 hatched out of this Friday-Saturday's pip.
Every week..........................anyone into stained (leaded) glass...PM me !
jumpy.gif

CL I wanted to do glass also, my girlfriend started taking classes and I found out I couldn't afford it. I have a big window going downstairs.That I'd love to be stainglass. When I rowing up we had a really old house behind one of the house's that had stainless windows. I would go over and pick up all the broken glass and save it. I just love glass.

Hi all. I'm not in WA yet but will be moving back to Whidbey Island in Dec. I am in total research mode because I really want chickens. Only planning on about 8 or so. Just enough for a good supply of eggs.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Is there anyone else on Whidbey?
Welcome, sounds like a variety. Some that lay in the warmer times and some that lay in winter, egg size, color, and some that are just eye candy to please You. My pet chicken has a good info breed list…..One that will only confuse but is the holy grail is www.feathersite.com.

Regular bulb? Not coated or anything? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super curious.

i'd have to find the thing the bulb came in to tell ya that... it's a heat lamp bulb i just can't remember what kind of heat lamp bulb. I never do red light (gives me a migraine) and that has never been an issue in the past using just white light.

I am too far away, otherwise I would donate.
I can ship, but that will cost you shipping @$16.85.
Best thing to do is waite til the show & pick up eggs there.
Keep the eggs cool, at 55 degrees is ideal, and turn them every so often during the day as an incubator does, until you set them.
Eggs should never be over 7 days old to incubate (say most breeders) I agree.
Especially if you ship.
The membrane must be very fresh to hold the egg's internal parts together through the horrid turmoil of shipping.
Let me know if you are interested.
How many eggs would you be able to ship at that price?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom