Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

@Chickielady Paddington Bear!
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs.gif

How does their type hold up? Weight? I'd ask about color but that's a non-standard variety.
Almost every Giant in the US can be traced back to Golda Miller. Just a word about lines, it doesn't matter who's name you out on it, once that person is no longer directly involved in the selection of breeders and culling of offspring? Throw it all out the window. You know how quickly someone can ruin a line?

Best Giants right now are probably Ed & Shawna Smith of Colton, OR. They've been winning up and down the west coast including Best of Breed (and Reserve American? Might have been Champion American) in a large class at Stockton. Sher's are awfully nice too.
My Cuckoos are awesome...and as yet, the SOP has yet to deal with this breed, as I have had them for over 20 years, can't waite to see how the tell me my birds are not good enough...LOL
They are heavy.

Milton

Oh, and we strive on the Jersey Giants as well, with proper culling & hatching, saving the best.
The foundation line I have here are direct, I have yet to screw them up, as you have aforementioned.
Nope, they are awesome...and no crap bloodlines have been introduced.
wink.png

What I'd like to see, is what YOU are doing ?
Any pics of your birds ?????

Orpington will lay a shade of tan light to dark. Green is from a EE, some say Easter egger some say Oliver egger, than if you get them from a feed store they sometime s call them Ameracuana.
thumbsup.gif
Hi Cheri !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frow.gif
I still want to see the "Farm Women" quilt ??

Maybe get after it...after I am done with this next hatch of babies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CL,, I have a book. It's called Farmers Wife has letters from the 1922 I think and the quilt has 111 blocks. It will take me a long time I'm sure. I'm going to get aunt grace fabric to do it in. Of course I'll do others I think so I don't burn myself out on it. Amazon t h e book.

Oh I've had a few of my Marans give me purple eggs it's the bloom, never could get one to hatch. But I still have them and they lay nice dark eggs. I love all my breeds and the roosters I have.

CL,, I have a book. It's called Farmers Wife has letters from the 1922 I think and the quilt has 111 blocks. It will take me a long time I'm sure. I'm going to get aunt grace fabric to do it in. Of course I'll do others I think so I don't burn myself out on it. Amazon t h e book.

Oh I've had a few of my Marans give me purple eggs it's the bloom, never could get one to hatch. But I still have them and they lay nice dark eggs. I love all my breeds and the roosters I have.
So I can google the blocks ?

Oh so do Ed and Shawna have a website? And Ive gone through Sher before.
I think it's caseacres.com I do breed the Langshans, in all three colors, but at this point they wouldn't be ready by september even if I had some available. Just a slooooow maturing breed.
My Cuckoos are awesome...and as yet, the SOP has yet to deal with this breed, as I have had them for over 20 years, can't waite to see how the tell me my birds are not good enough...LOL They are heavy. Milton Oh, and we strive on the Jersey Giants as well, with proper culling & hatching, saving the best. The foundation line I have here are direct, I have yet to screw them up, as you have aforementioned. Nope, they are awesome...and no crap bloodlines have been introduced. ;) What I'd like to see, is what YOU are doing ? Any pics of your birds ?????
Those look a lot better than most Marans you see, tails are a bit pinched but look solid. I wasn't implying you screwed anything up, just that names attached to lines mean nothing. I do not agree with BYC's photo policy. Pictures of my birds when I take them can be found on my website, which is currently under construction, or at shows this fall. Fatefarm.webs.com is my website

Last edited:
Question: I saw that the Georgian's have a map on Zeemaps.com where they can add a marker to represent their location. I'd love to know who on BYC is close to me, but going through all the posts to find members nearby is impossible. Is there already a map like this in existence for Washingtonians? I'm in SW Washington, 5 minutes from Portland, so a Portland map would be interesting to me as well, if anyone knows of one.
If not, shall we make one??

Here's theirs: Yo Georgians on ZeeMaps

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom