Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi, fairly new to the site and I have learned so much from everyone here. One of the things I learned about was the use of sand in runs to keep everything cleaner. It's worked great, thank you for the suggestion.
In my day job, I am in the middle of closing down a huge warehouse in Kent. One of the items we have a lot of is bagged sand. We had used it to prepare for the dam that never broke. It is clean sand that we bagged ourselves. I've taken a bunch home for making a patio, the garden and for the chickens. We still have several pallets left for the taking. We have to be out of here completely by the end of January so the sooner the better.
If there is interest, I can post the address. I told my boss I thought chicken people would be a good group to offer it to.
Please let me know if I should have posted this elsewhere - I am a newbie at this sort of thing.
Lanelle

Hi, fairly new to the site and I have learned so much from everyone here. One of the things I learned about was the use of sand in runs to keep everything cleaner. It's worked great, thank you for the suggestion.
In my day job, I am in the middle of closing down a huge warehouse in Kent. One of the items we have a lot of is bagged sand. We had used it to prepare for the dam that never broke. It is clean sand that we bagged ourselves. I've taken a bunch home for making a patio, the garden and for the chickens. We still have several pallets left for the taking. We have to be out of here completely by the end of January so the sooner the better.
If there is interest, I can post the address. I told my boss I thought chicken people would be a good group to offer it to.
Please let me know if I should have posted this elsewhere - I am a newbie at this sort of thing.
Lanelle
welcome-byc.gif

Lanelle

Beautiful Newf! I have Bullmastiffs that like to swim :)

Welcome to the Washington forum!
D.gif

I would be interested in the sand for sure for my chickens and would love the address! I can PM you.
celebrate.gif

Dry sand is hard to find up here in Bothell.
Thank you so much for thinking of your fellow chicken peeps!

Lanelle
I am interested in sand, I am always interested in sand
ya.gif

Should I PM you?

Let the fluffy 9wk old Velociraptors loose for the first time today. They ran out, then ran back INTO the run 5 minutes later.

They've had a taste of freedom and are clamoring for more each time I go out. Pretty sure I'm going to find them in kilts with blue painted faces, lined up at the run door tomorrow morning!

Last edited:
More Avian Flu !!!!!
D.gif
D.gif

"The WSDA town hall meeting will be at 6 p.m. Dec. 18 in the Mt. Baker Rotary Building at the Northwest Washington Fairgrounds in Lynden. It is open to the public and WSDA would particularly encourage poultry producers or owners of backyard flocks to attend." the Whatcom County Farm Bureau Facebook

For the full post go here https://www.facebook.com/Whatcomcountyfarmbureau

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom