Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Would be fun to make "chicken feed" with an alcoholic drink as a by-product <EVIL GRIN>

My husband is a home brewer, and loves to say he's just thinking of the chickens' happiness when they get the warm spent grain. I am not buying it, but since it appears to be a win-win I'll go along!

Im looking for some Show Quality LAV Orpington chicks or someone planning hatches Feb / March fairly local to Marysville- I know LAV's don't have a "exact" show quality yet, but close to it or English version- we're looking for higher quality bird than Hatchery chicks -

Would also like to find local show quality birds:

Black standard Cochin

Bantam-
Black Cochin
White Cochin

Please PM me if know of someone or have these breeds - thank you

HI, Mark Your calendar for the Washington Feather Fancier show, Saturday, March 14th ???? Monroe Fairgrounds….If not before, You will certainly meet Cochin and Orp lovers there.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier but I thought I would put a bug in peoples ears again. I have chicks arriving next week and I need to find homes for 10-15 chicks because I cannot fit them all in my brooder past 1 week and I don't have enough room in my coop once they are grown but I had to fill the min. # for the hatchery I ordered from.

Breeds I will have:
Easter Egger
Partridge Rock
Plymouth Rock
Red Leghorn
Speckled Sussex

1-3 of each breed will be available

I also have 4 Easter Egger hens and a rooster (that I hatched from my closed flock) available (2 1/2 years old) + young chick with one of the hens possibly for eating later as I'm sure it going to be a rooster. Please PM me if your interested. I need to let some hens go to make room for the new chicks.

HI, Mark Your calendar for the Washington Feather Fancier show, Saturday, March 14th ???? Monroe Fairgrounds….If not before, You will certainly meet Cochin and Orp lovers there.

Yup. I'll be there. I've started getting the girls in condition. One just came off broody so I hope she's regrown feathers by then.

I posted this earlier but I thought I would put a bug in peoples ears again. I have chicks arriving next week and I need to find homes for 10-15 chicks because I cannot fit them all in my brooder past 1 week and I don't have enough room in my coop once they are grown but I had to fill the min. # for the hatchery I ordered from.

Breeds I will have:
Easter Egger
Partridge Rock
Plymouth Rock
Red Leghorn
Speckled Sussex

1-3 of each breed will be available

I also have 4 Easter Egger hens and a rooster (that I hatched from my closed flock) available (2 1/2 years old) + young chick with one of the hens possibly for eating later as I'm sure it going to be a rooster. Please PM me if your interested. I need to let some hens go to make room for the new chicks.
what hatchery? or where are the chicks coming from?

Hi!

I am looking for a Lavender Orpington pullet and a Black Copper Maran pullet. (There used to be a great store in Lynden where I was hoping to find them this spring, but they are no longer there.) Does anyone know where I could find just one or two pullets? I have found places that will order 25 for me, but I cannot have that many. I live in Stanwood and am willing to drive.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom