Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

They make it so that no sound comes out just a hiss.
As to Payback I tried it. And it wasn't as good as Layena but maybe I will give it another try!
The ingredients are better for every ingridient, highrer vitamins, higher protein...and small pelets with visible flecks of corn make the birds want it bad !

It is 17% protein, better to compare it to Flockraiser than to Layena.
It is a much lower cost, and it is a 50# bag rather than a 40# bag.

This is the pelleted stuff, not the crumbles.
Give it a try, and if you were closer I'd send ya a 1 gal ziplock of it to try !

Well I put in 3 more bare root trees today.......6 last week....
I have 1 more to go and so better get out there & do it.

Hospital is supposed to call me about what time my surg is on Wednesday....an hour ago, that is why I am sitting here talking your ears off.
Seems they ain't calling today !!

So talk at ya later chookie fans !

Kim************** PM me about the Silkiezillas !

The ingredients are better for every ingridient, highrer vitamins, higher protein...and small pelets with visible flecks of corn make the birds want it bad !

It is 17% protein, better to compare it to Flockraiser than to Layena.
It is a much lower cost, and it is a 50# bag rather than a 40# bag.

This is the pelleted stuff, not the crumbles.
Give it a try, and if you were closer I'd send ya a 1 gal ziplock of it to try !

What I mean't was that it didn't stand up to Layena for egg laying...

This for Dave & whomever was looking at feed. I have been getting this for my ducks, a 50# bag is on sale for $11. and off sale $12. at Bi Mart, I get in Aberdeen. Not sure where any other BiMarts are. They also carry extremely nice scratch for sale price $9 and off sale $11 also a 50# bag, and has loads of millet/barely & wheats in it besides just cracked corn like DuMor (Dell's Tractor Supply) or Purina. Compare to Layena....and remember the price, AND the fact that this is a 50# bag. The bad part is it is pelleted and my birds HATE pellets. BiMart does not carry crumbles. They DO carry other feeds, I noticed some Omelean, COB...and some calf feed (I think) BUT, these pellets are very small, so far, the chickens love it & it works excellent for the ducks. Compare ingredients:
Payback is the only scratch we give. Sometimes they get fed the Payback all purpose. If Bi-mart is having a sale we pick up a bunch on our way clam digging. The Bi-mart in Hermiston doesn't carry it or we'd load up when visiting Mom

The person I got my blue wheaten ameraucana cockerel from tried a no crow collar on him. She also kept him inside their garage at night and early morning. It didn't work really. Just choked him and broke off neck feathers. It only reduced the volume a little. She really wanted to keep him but nothing was working. I have him now and he's not getting eating. He IS put to work taking care of a harem of 7 wheaten/blue wheaten hens. 

I could use 6 Blue  eggs, not wheaten, if ya have any PM me....
I need some blue Am over Blue C Marans if anyone has any either, there eggs hatch a Blue or Splash OE hen....anyone, PM me, I am not gonna breed them any longer.

I only have the wheaten ameraucana. Waiting on the girls to start laying so I can hatch me some more.

The only food I ever had issues with was the Scratch and Peck. They actually quit laying during prime egg time. They actually did ok on just the 14 ingredient scratch I was mixing up at that time.

I've noticed my girls will start pulling feathers from each other to eat if their protein in food is to low. Usually they get an 18-20% food mixed 2 parts to 1 part layer ration. Or just the all purpose feed. Grit and oyster shell on the side.

Other than that, Silkies do not move fast, get less exercise & so I bet they are more tender.
But more than likely, they taste like chicken !

:lau

You know, surprisingly even with them being slower moving, they're kind of tough. They're traditionally used as a stewing or braising bird. Excellent for soup and other low and slow heat source applications.

Quote:
I can attest that silkies can move very fast. They also seem smarter than my other birds. I was chasing one hen with a net yesterday and she ran around the run and stopped dead on the opposite side of me. I had to call the dogs to help herd her. They like to fake me out on which direction they will go. They also have this annoying habit of launching themselves into the air with as much flapping as they can and land running in a random direction.

I also have the issue of mine are aggressive with large fowl and WILL beat them up any chance they think they can get away with it. They actually go looking for trouble. It's like and evil horde of fluff bent on taking over everything. Pumpkin Khan encourages his flock to action. The only thing that stops them are other silkies. I had to separate out the younger boys. No girls with them so they don't fight with each other. The only large fowl who is safe is the young ameraucana boy was the only LF to hatch in a bunch of eggs. He was raised with the silkies and thinks that he is one.

Back
Top Bottom