Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I went ahead and picked beans, for the most part. I am planting ONE grape plant on the property near the coop, because having some fresh grapes sound absolutely fabulous.

I picked a variety called "scarlet runner". Are these good? They look good, with little red blooms... I want to plant them all around the coop.
big_smile.png

I also bought some "Hyacinth Bean" seeds to try... they looked interesting.

And those kiwis. Gosh, I might have to find a place for some of those, too!

I guess I'm just going to have to build another coop to plant all these seeds alongside of... That means, I'm going to have to get more chickens. That means, I'm going to have to hatch more eggs.

Gosh, what a terrible situation!
wink.png
yuckyuck.gif

How does anyone NOT just sit in front of the incubator all day on day 28? I could just stare at eggs all day. I saw one wiggle and now I'm all anxious!

Btw... Made the mistake of taking my 4 year old to TSC. He fell in love with all the little bantam chicks. And I am horribly tempted to get him some. Or see if someone will trade me some eggs for some Ancona eggs.

Chicken Math is a sickness... you can get it just from having ducks and seeing a chick.

My silkies didn't do the best, but I think even the older one was a month or two younger than I thought. She ended up with reserve variety.

I'm kicking myself for not washing up Louie and one of his older hens and taking them. They would have done well in the blue wheaten ameraucana.

I went ahead and picked beans, for the most part. I am planting ONE grape plant on the property near the coop, because having some fresh grapes sound absolutely fabulous.

I picked a bean variety called "scarlet runner". Are those good? They look good, with little red blooms... I want to plant them all around the coop. :D

I also bought some "Hyacinth Bean" seeds to try... they looked interesting.

And those kiwis. Gosh, I might have to find a place for some of those, too!

I guess I'm just going to have to build another coop to plant all these seeds alongside of... That means I'm going to have to get more chickens. That means I'm going to have to hatch more eggs.

Gosh, what a terrible situation! ;)  

Scarlet Runners are GREAT! Watch out on the hacinth beans though, I think they are toxic unless just ripe (get toxic as mature) and the leaves may be toxic. You might want to look that up.

The arctic kiwi are great. They taste more like pineapple, and you eat them with skins on, kinda like grapes. Directgardening.com has a good deal on them. And check out Honeyberries if you have room for a few bushes!

Scarlet Runners are GREAT! Watch out on the hacinth beans though, I think they are toxic unless just ripe (get toxic as mature) and the leaves may be toxic. You might want to look that up.

The arctic kiwi are great. They taste more like pineapple, and you eat them with skins on, kinda like grapes. Directgardening.com has a good deal on them. And check out Honeyberries if you have room for a few bushes!

THANK YOU sooo so so much for the head's up! It turns out that you're absolutely right: they're poisonous when raw! So, I will NOT be planting those. But I WILL be planting everything else.

And thanks for the links! I might just have to place a couple orders today.

Now, to just get myself out of suburbia and onto a hobby farm where I can have an enormous garden and piles of chickens to fill it!

And maybe a goat or two...

and some ducks...

and some barn cats, of course....

wee.gif

THANK YOU sooo so so much for the head's up! It turns out that you're absolutely right: they're poisonous when raw! So, I will NOT be planting those. But I WILL be planting everything else. 

And thanks for the links! I might just have to place a couple orders today. 

Now, to just get myself out of suburbia and onto a hobby farm where I can have an enormous garden and piles of chickens to fill it!

And maybe a goat or two... 

and some ducks...

and some barn cats, of course.... 

:weee

I live on main street in Hoquiam (Sumner Ave)! You can have the best of both worlds here in Aberdeen! Many have goats, chickens, even horses! Yet, are on the bus lines! As far as the vegetation is concerned... just do a cottage garden! Most of my flowers in front yard will be either medicinal or eddible! Throw in some berry bushes and a cute chicken coop and there's not much more I would have on a small farm! The veggie garden is in the backyard!

Sorry I couldn't talk longer Amberjem, I really had to go eat. I was getting pretty shaky at that point and had let the blood sugar get a bit to low. As my husband keeps telling me, that's my own fault when I do that.

I do hope those plants do good for you

Back
Top Bottom