Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

:thumbsup  Looking good !
I also added hardware cloth wire over the outside of my coop windows, to prevent any criters getting inside, in the night...like possums, coons, or weasels....we screwed the wire on with wide headed short screws.
i put the wire on the inside so I could open or close the window from the outside. Plus I like to look in on them from time to time after the go to roost to see how they are getting along.:cd

We are up and ready for chickens! The feeder and waterer are done, the ramp is mounted, the roof and exterior walls of the roosting loft are up. I'll be pleased as punch to have Ron's faverolles mutts to cuddle tomorrow!

She even LOOKS like a proud momma! :)

She's really a wonderful momma. She's just a year old herself. She led her brood out into the run today while the other girls were free ranging. It took convincing to get some of the chicks through the door. She went out and back in, out and back in, until everyone followed.

We are up and ready for chickens! The feeder and waterer are done, the ramp is mounted, the roof and exterior walls of the roosting loft are up. I'll be pleased as punch to have Ron's faverolles mutts to cuddle tomorrow!

LaureLC

I don't think these girls are the cuddly type LOL they are pretty wild you will have to work with them. see you tonight

I'm looking for adult or at least 4 month old english lavender orp hens/pullets to go with my rooster. I have 2 hens but would like a few more. Also looking for super nice black or black/lavender split hens as well. Will travel anywhere in Wa state for the right hens or will pay shipping.
This boy needs some new girls! :)

Mach kissing dirt

Im new to raising chickens, actually haven't even started. Ive been researching meat birds. Can anybody give me good recommendation? Also Im looking for a couple of egg layers too. Hopefully adding them to my farm in a couple of weeks. Any info will be helpful. Thanks

I came and got the pullets! They were NOT happy to have been handled! The dogs are wound up about them (took a few days for them to calm down with the ducks too) but after a couple of hours they at least are not flying everywhere when I approach the enclosure!

Back
Top Bottom