Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

%7B3a88d21a-1b1e-4b9b-bc8b-7d9674713919%7D_open-quotes-green.gif
Q: Why did the elephant sit on the marshmallow? A: So he wouldn't fall into the hot chocolate.
%7Bb5b1b472-a690-4fab-aab8-a1337adff190%7D_close-quote-green.gif

I'm excited my babies have started laying. Since July 2, I've gotten 9 eggs. I think I now have enough eggs for the three of us to eat for breakfast. Sooo, either tomorrow or Tuesday, we are going to have some itty bitty home-grown eggs.

what are my best options in Kitsap county for feed? any local places make feed? is there a brand that is good?

how important is it to be organic?

I didn't realize the different brands made such a difference until I had issues with my chicks while on Albers and then had multiple people tell me that brand was garbage. So what do local here use?

THANKS!

I believe the primary reason to choose organic feed is if you prefer to eat organic eggs. That's important to some folks and not so much to others. Good luck with your chicks!

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a feed store near Kenmore, WA?

The closest one that I have found is the Bothell Feedstore and its a bit of drive during rush hour.

Thanks in advance for your help.

what are my best options in Kitsap county for feed? any local places make feed? is there a brand that is good?

how important is it to be organic?

I didn't realize the different brands made such a difference until I had issues with my chicks while on Albers and then had multiple people tell me that brand was garbage. So what do local here use?

THANKS!

There are a variety of places in Kitsap depending on where you are and how far you want to drive. Cenex in Poulsbo, Wilco, Tractor Supply on Mile Hill in Pt Orchard (I don't care for their house brand), Red Neck Feed is very popular near Belfair, there's a new-is place out toward Kingston that has some of the more "designer" brands and more organic choices. There are others, but I can't think of them right now. There is a lot of discussion on which brand is better and I've found that you can find people that love or hate every one of them. But do be sure that your youngsters get the higher protein as mentioned above. Once you've started giving them grit via store bought grit or sand in their run, you can start adding black oil sunflower seeds (BOSS), meal worms, and fresh produce, too.

Hola All! Anyone around the Yakima area? One of my delightful Americana pullets has transformed into a beautiful roo! That won't work with the city ordinances. Anyone like to pick him up for free?

Last edited:
My girls seem to be laying in the morning and afternoon. Is that usual for first-time layers?

All of mine do that and always have. Often it will be: Day 1 lay in the a.m., day 2 closer to noon, day 3 maybe 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then skip a day and start over. Each bird will be different. I've read that some will lay at exactly the same time every day, but I've never experienced that yet.

Back
Top Bottom