Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I guess I should have explain that I've only gotten 3 eggs from her ALL summer so I'm not sure it's Molt related.. Even with Molting the Buffs are giving me eggs every other day.

I guess I should have explain that I've only gotten 3 eggs from her ALL summer so I'm not sure it's Molt related.. Even with Molting the Buffs are giving me eggs every other day. 

Hmmm. Still maybe try dosing her for worms, if you already have, hmmm. Maybe she needs more calcium and has been laying weak eggs. If the hens can poke through the egg when they turn it after laying alot of times the egg gets eaten. It would never have been viable.

has an amazing diet.. has been treated for worms and parasites both. gets extra calcium, D3, oyster shells, and ground egg shells, plus all organics and high protein treats.. The others get the same diet and give big beautiful eggs. .. she just isn't.. I check the coop daily for mucus or soft shells, broken eggs.. nothing. Seems like she just might not being laying. There could be internal issues.. I don't know. I can't feel an egg in her.. I've checked. Not sure what else I should do.. As far as the Roo goes.. anyone want ???

has an amazing diet.. has been treated for worms and parasites both. gets extra calcium, D3, oyster shells, and ground egg shells, plus all organics and high protein treats..  The others get the same diet and give big beautiful eggs. .. she just isn't.. I check the coop daily for mucus or soft shells, broken eggs.. nothing. Seems like she just might not being laying. There could be internal issues.. I don't know. I can't feel an egg in her.. I've checked. Not sure what else I should do.. As far as the Roo goes.. anyone want ???

I guess she's just not a normal rock. She may just be a poor layer as you suggest. I can't take the roo, but if you find one of those little Latino food shops, they'll probably take the hen too.

My rock hasn't laid an egg all summer. She's only 18 months. I'm pretty sure she has some kind of hormone or metabolic problem and she will never lay again. I'm having the same dilemma trying to decide what to do with her.
hmm.png

I'd wait until she is 2.. just to be on the safe side.. They are fun sweet and adorable birds .. making a "farmers" decision isn't always easy. Best of luck to you. let me know what you decide. Hugs.

I had a rock that layed internally and got very sick. She was a very friendly pet so I took care of her. She survived that and didn't lay again for almost two years. Then after a molt she started laying occasionally. Unfortunately, some of those were internally again and she got really sick again and had to be put down

I'm so sorry.. losing a darling hen is tough. Mine is healthy, it going thru a soft molt and seems happy in her Hennyness. I might just keep her due to her cuteness. but I do have a cockerel that's looking more and more ROOish. Hasn't started to crow. Thankfully.. can't keep him.. Anyone? near Bremerton!

I had a rock that layed internally and got very sick. She was a very friendly pet so I took care of her. She survived that and didn't lay again for almost two years. Then after a molt she started laying occasionally. Unfortunately, some of those were internally again and she got really sick again and had to be put down

Unfortunately, I think the commercial breeding of the rocks has weakened them a bit. Them being feed store birds now means no one is really breeding them with concentration in good genes.

Back
Top Bottom