Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

They are all about 6 months old. Had hoped to move the EEs in with the rest, but fear they would suffer from the nasty ones. The EEs seem very shy and quiet.

Is everybody prepared for all this crazy wind and rain we are supposed to get?! Sounds like it's going to affect all of us in Western Washington. I'm thankful my chickens have been weaned off the heat lamp for 3 weeks already! Sounds like we might get some power outages too.

Is everybody prepared for all this crazy wind and rain we are supposed to get?! Sounds like it's going to affect all of us in Western Washington. I'm thankful my chickens have been weaned off the heat lamp for 3 weeks already! Sounds like we might get some power outages too.

As well as we can be... we've got the wood stove burning to keep humidity down if nothing else. For you folks who have hazelnut and Doug fir growing on your properties it's truffle season! Check into it. We harvested some and shaved one over steak lastnight... soooo good. :drool My kid that hates mushrooms loved the truffles!

If the power goes off, I can go home. Right? I have temporary fencing while I wait on the contractor. It blows over and the chickens visit the neighbors. The neighbors don't like chickens in their flowers. They don't mind eggs.

Last edited:
Question: how far do you go when you have a special needs chicken? I have a loner type who got named Tiny when she was a chick. She was smaller than the others and was always staring at nothing, and left alone by the others. She's just as big as the rest now, but has trouble keeping up. Can tell by her tattered tail someone is picking on her. Have seen others peck her feet and head while roosting. The rest all crowd on one roost and leave her by herself. My 3 EE's are in a different coop as the bigger girls pick on them. Should I try moving Tiny in with them? She's an Australorp.
I would put Tiny in with the EEs. It is tough that she is a singleton and doesn't have anyone to stand up for her. I know there are people that take in handicapped or "slow' chickens and give them a home. You could also try getting a silkie to keep her company since they tend to be more docile.

Back
Top Bottom