Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

were in Lewis County, " Ethel " area, Winter dirt is..."clay. . . S l o w draining, stick to your boots, Muck. I'm trying to keep Feathers on feet from becoming like cement on our combined runs, runs are one Big U shaped area. 2 sides are a 8ft tall picket fence, reinforced with horse fence, other side is blocked by building .

We're looking for Ideas on what works best in our WA weather, . . .  every Rain Turn them into Muck Pits., ,  Ideas have been  Burlap bags, covered with Saw dust, . .Lg Stepping Stones, . . River Rock pebbles, . . Hogg Fill, . .   :he

I have a small run attached to the coop (5×22) that I put a bale of straw in when it started to rain this fall. Tonight I was crawling around under the coop, collecting 8 week old chicks. Under the coop was dry. The yard wasn't muddy, but it was soggy. I'm adding another bale to the yard this weekend. The hill I live on is solid clay. Everytime the grass is disturbed, we get mud. The straw seems to help. The chickens "free range" the backyard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom