Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Over here the ground grows nothing unless you have alot manure. .this year I want to widen the garden. . So I'll probably haul another 25 loads.
ep.gif
Hopefully you have a spreader...it saves so much time, and a tiller/discer, where are you again ?
oh never mind, I know where Deer park is...we have some cousins over there someplace... 4 corners ????

And I used to live in Newport

Last edited:
It's finally cold enough the wasps are dormant!
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
Hopefully we get a good enough freeze to kill them, and the fleas are BAD this year too!

We have given our pets Fipro 1 a month ...with indoor cats & so far we still are getting fleas in the house despite daily vacuuming & hardwood floors...and DH & myself spray our socks/lower pantslegs with OFF!

I've seen the deer scratching big time out here...I suspect ticks & fleas are eating them up & the deer are spreading them all over our property & right in our yard feet from the house.

Roma Pole Beans

We picked some 40# of string beans off these vines this summer, then the deer decided it was their turn.and since DH was deer hunting, I 'let' them come closer to the garden. That may have been a big mistake !

Deer Beans

Funny, cuz there is still blooms & beans growing way up on top...until this cold set in !
And we have fleas !
So far, no ticks on us or the dog~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fl.gif

I could stand to loose a few tater bugs & earwhigs, too!!!!!!!!!!

Is everybody prepared for all this crazy wind and rain we are supposed to get?! Sounds like it's going to affect all of us in Western Washington. I'm thankful my chickens have been weaned off the heat lamp for 3 weeks already! Sounds like we might get some power outages too.
See any flurries so far ?
I thought I saw a flake every so often last night when it was raining/blowing sideways last night...temp was 36-39 so it could have been...

were in Lewis County, " Ethel " area, Winter dirt is..."clay. . . S l o w draining, stick to your boots, Muck. I'm trying to keep Feathers on feet from becoming like cement on our combined runs, runs are one Big U shaped area. 2 sides are a 8ft tall picket fence, reinforced with horse fence, other side is blocked by building .
Sticky clay ?
I use pea gravel & small road base in my coops, walkways, driveway...if it gets too poopy I hose it out...but usually the rains wash it clean enough

were in Lewis County, " Ethel " area, Winter dirt is..."clay. . . S l o w draining, stick to your boots, Muck. I'm trying to keep Feathers on feet from becoming like cement on our combined runs, runs are one Big U shaped area. 2 sides are a 8ft tall picket fence, reinforced with horse fence, other side is blocked by building .
Also, you are up by Chicken Rustler, no ?
I had LF Cochins for a while, awesome birds, and light brahmas.
Well, the clay sticks, and sticks until the birds all had dingle balls of clay that would then dry & clack like big marbles when they ran/walked...I had to cut all cushion, shank & feet feathers off of them...so I sold them to dry landers out of the wet side of this state.

Back
Top Bottom