Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I am not actually sure if was a rock chuck. It was bigger than my fat Jack Russell. It charged at me when I came upon it scratching at the coop. I ran back into the house to get the gun and when I got back with the gun it was back trying to get under the chicken wire. Afterwards, I tried googling 'the creature' and the closest description was a rock chuck. Rock chucks are very common around here but I have never seen one that big or colored the same. My working theory is that it some sort of mutant Hanford reservation creature, possibly an X-file.
OK, yes I can believe the Hanford or X-files thing....weird stuff happens out in the drylands, that is for sure !

lau.gif

But seriously, why would one (of any type or coloration) want to get into a building ?
Weird...

I totally agree! I said I had never had a broody hen, that night and tonight's after that one of my henswas sleeping in the nest box. So I went out and put her back up on the roost. So far she still up on the roost tonight. And I got six eggs from six adult chickens today so I guess that's good.

But if this hen goes brooding I'm going to blame you just because :)

Hey not me !!

@Hinotori
 started it all!

Hey! It wasn't me! It was those dang ameraucana!

Hi everyone it has been a few days since I have been on I am so excited for my first little chicks. I can't wait until they are big enough to go outside. With it being rainy and today being the first day of sun I figure I will hve to wait a little longer before they go out.
1f60a.png

Hi everyone it has been a few days since I have been on I am so excited for my first little chicks. I can't wait until they are big enough to go outside. With it being rainy and today being the first day of sun I figure I will hve to wait a little longer before they go out.
1f60a.png
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome glad your here, biggest thing about letting peeps
run keep a eagle eye on them so no predators can attack

Back
Top Bottom