Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I'm really excited to be getting started with our own flock finally. We're buying supplies for building our coop, but I wanted to ask for some opinions. I plan on putting the coop near our apple tree, since I figured that the Chickens would get lots of good grubs and bugs from the ground where all the apples fall. Is there anything I should be worried about doing this?

Your profile does not say where you live there is a a huge old like 70 year old apple tree in the chicken yard hawks will not come through the thick foliage of the tree when it is bare in winter our german shepard stops them

Hello,

I just finished my second attempt at hatching eBay Polish eggs with no success! I am hoping to get my hands on some local fertile polish eggs as I have had better luck with ones that haven't had to travel as far. I am in Renton, WA. Thank you for reading :)

Hello,

I just finished my second attempt at hatching eBay Polish eggs with no success! I am hoping to get my hands on some local fertile polish eggs as I have had better luck with ones that haven't had to travel as far. I am in Renton, WA. Thank you for reading :)

Welcome to the group.

Sucks that you haven't had success with shipped eggs. Hopefully someone local has some polish

Hello,

glad you made it here thought maybe a few more of the Washington group would chime in I like the polish may have to let one of my silkie hatch from @Hinotori hatch a few if I can find good eggs

Just got a mix batch of eggs! We even got two Easter Eggers! In the incubator and on their way to becoming chicks!

Attachments

• IMG_20171110_184824.jpg
    IMG_20171110_184824.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 2
I'm going to breed my Polish if they ever start to lay. They are 7 months old. I gave the boy to a homesteader with more room, then I just sold him 7 birds for a really good price. He is going to let me borrow one of the polish roosters he has for 1/2 of the chicks. I will let you know if you are still interested in the spring.

I'm looking for a Chocolate Orpington roo. I have a beautiful pullet, the only one that hatched from 12 on ebay. I used a broody hen to hatch them, and she was a proven broody. I have better luck with shipped eggs that are closer.

I am not big on using the incubator I have I picked up 4 Silkie pullets from @Hinotori to be my broody girls even grabbed a chicken tractor so they can play outside safe from the three outside cats not sure they would ever be real safe otherwise

Back
Top Bottom