Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

mine are just giving me about 2 eggs a day one set has not even started yet still too young .. heck have 2 pullets younger than that with the silkies keep away from the outside cats

My pullets that hit 8 to 10 months by September usually go through at least a partial molt. The days just get so short so quickly. I have to time my hold-over pullets for winter eggs very carefully.
All three of the chickens that I got that are this age did lay eggs, now only one and maybe two are. Definitely not the one that has lost the most feathers.
My pullets that hit 8 to 10 months by September usually go through at least a partial molt. The days just get so short so quickly. I have to time my hold-over pullets for winter eggs very carefully.
So you think it was just the timing that made the chicken go into multi early? The short days?

All three of the chickens that I got that are this age did lay eggs, now only one and maybe two are. Definitely not the one that has lost the most feathers.

So you think it was just the timing that made the chicken go into multi early? The short days?

I do not think it was early can occur anytime after 6 or 7 month shorter days say she may not lay till spring

IMG_20171202_063320.jpg

Our first two chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom