Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Way behind on posts. Stopping in to say
frow.gif

The girls are proving themselves to be dumb as chickens. Two evenings in a row, they didn't go in the coop and got locked out when the automatic door closed. Now I get to get up early tomorrow and begin the process to override the light sensor.
barnie.gif

The little boys are cute as could be - and rapidly changing. Cocoa and Roca have a bunch of white on them now. They're no longer dark - beginning to resemble a lighter grey. Blackie took on the big girls yesterday (or rather, the big girls took on Blackie) when he decided to fly out of my reach when I was trying to get him out of the chicken tractor and back indoors. Oh, that was fun. Scared the you-know-what out-a me. Rhodie was ready to attack. Drama was big and clumsy and almost stepped on him. Not sure which would have been more devastating. Mean Rhodie bird fight or being flattened by a burly Brahma.
hu.gif

Well, I'm tired. I have pages, and pages to catch up (259), but I'll do that in the morning. Have a good one!

Quote: Well since it was morning, I decided that I would just stay up and get something done since it was so nice out this morning. I so over did things, and I can barely walk now. I did get the chicken coop cleaned out. It was in desperate need of a total clean out. I still have to get some more straw put in it. I used up all that I had, and it stretched out to almost enough. So this meant that I really had to go to the feed store. I did get a lot of errands done, but it all comes at a cost. So now I am hobbling, and have made the pain worse. But feels good to know that I have got a job almost done.

I am going to have to catch up tomorrow the sleepless night is beginning to catch up with me. I was really hoping to get my days and nights straightened out. It doesn't feel like I have got it figured out yet.

So now I am really going to go to bed.

Hey all! I need some help.

There is a well known breeder in the area that also has horses who is down sizing. Big time due to some unfortunate circumstances.
She has some older lesson horses that need to go to a new home pasture. Or since it is very expensive to just keep horses as pasture ornaments, there was someone on here that donated theie old horses to a zoo or something. They were euthanized first then used to feed the large animals. Does anyone know who that was or do you know of anyone who is willing to take on an old horse, or two?

This lady does a lot for others so a few of us are trying to help her out as much as we can.

Thank you!
Kim
I am fairly sure that it was Cheryl. She lives in the Kingston area, and she keeps horses, and worked as a farm hand. She hasn't been on much because of having to little ones, that are under 4 years old.

Quote: Well since it was morning, I decided that I would just stay up and get something done since it was so nice out this morning. I so over did things, and I can barely walk now. I did get the chicken coop cleaned out. It was in desperate need of a total clean out. I still have to get some more straw put in it. I used up all that I had, and it stretched out to almost enough. So this meant that I really had to go to the feed store. I did get a lot of errands done, but it all comes at a cost. So now I am hobbling, and have made the pain worse. But feels good to know that I have got a job almost done.

I am going to have to catch up tomorrow the sleepless night is beginning to catch up with me. I was really hoping to get my days and nights straightened out. It doesn't feel like I have got it figured out yet.

So now I am really going to go to bed.
hide.gif
So it wasn't to hard to get completely caught up, so now I am gone.

WOW everybody is talking about the show. next weekend??? No I have a couple more weeks to get things done right !!! WRONG seems more has slipped up on me!! DANG IT JIM !!!!! I guess I need to burn a little midnight oil. Got 3 bells to make, 2 bell brackets and some bell sails.
By NEXT weekend you mean not this coming one but the one after right? The 17th.

Went to collect the eggs yesterday and I found that one of my beloved ladies has gone broody. GRR! I removed her eggs and replaced them with ice cubes. Anyone else have any recommendations? She's one of my best layers! I figure I'll be swapping eggs for about a week. Thank goodness I used fruit boxes because I can just pull the box out onto the counter and poke around behind her and then put her back in her place with little to no protest from her.

Picture from my instagram feed.

Back
Top Bottom