Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hey all! I need some help.

There is a well known breeder in the area that also has horses who is down sizing. Big time due to some unfortunate circumstances.
She has some older lesson horses that need to go to a new home pasture. Or since it is very expensive to just keep horses as pasture ornaments, there was someone on here that donated theie old horses to a zoo or something. They were euthanized first then used to feed the large animals. Does anyone know who that was or do you know of anyone who is willing to take on an old horse, or two?

This lady does a lot for others so a few of us are trying to help her out as much as we can.

Thank you!
Kim

Kim that was me a couple years ago. I PM'ed you the contact information for the Olympic Game Farm.

Hey guys
frow.gif
, I havent been in, in what seems like forever! I hope all is well with everyone.

Hey Girl!! where have you been?? I came back on after summer and didn't see you!?? Hope your ok?? Good to see you here!!
hugs.gif
Hows things with your chickens and family??

Get-together Postponed

Due to the unavailability of so many of you on a weekday, and the fact that I seem to be coming down with "something", I am regretfully postponing our get together for Thursday (tomorrow).

As soon as I can find a weekend day that works for more than two people, I shall post an updated invitation here.

Now back to that nice, warm bed.

Solitary confinement in a cage with a wire bottom -- suspend this cage. The hen will feel unsafe. Keep here there for about 3 days, then let her back into the flock. Once in a while I have to put her 'in the hole' for another 3 day stretch but this usually works well for me.

Good luck.

Don't count on her only being broody for a week. I would bet much longer. The way I deal with them is I have a wire rabbit cage. The cage is suspended in air so it swings a bit. Normally I can put a broody in there and about 3 days later she is ready to go back to work.
Good look forward to seeing you. All I know about potluck is I have asked it not be in my booth simply because it makes it too hard for people to shop with me. Also I have offered to bring a big gas BBQ and allow my 6x12 enclosed trailer to be used.
Contact for Who. Cheryl with the babies. If thats the one she is on FB I will ask her to contact you.

Thanks guys! Shoot. My only wire cage has a nasty roo in it who's waiting to be my dinner. Chicken soup it is.

Well, better get back to work, my butt is getting numb from sitting here...looking at Vargas Pin up girls (for a Logo for a beauty salon I am doing)
AND looking at quilt patterns that I am doing~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND looking at all the paperwork & PDF's the bank & real estate appraiser sent me............

Going back to the nice warm bed sounds good to me too !!!!!!!!!!

frow.gif

With all the quilting talk a few days ago, I decided to try a small project for my porch display. I may change the colors somewhat. Is there anything I should know about paper piecing? I don't have a sewing machine, I may adapt the design for needlepoint. There are stitches that coulld be used to produce different textures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom