Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Any one else cook their turkey the day before Thanksgiving? Mine is done and meat is off the carcass. We just reheat it in the oven for 30min before we eat. Makes it so we have the oven for other things. Also we are not waiting for the bird to get done. I let it cool for a couple of hours and the meat just falls off the bones. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
big_smile.png

Any one else cook their turkey the day before Thanksgiving? Mine is done and meat is off the carcass. We just reheat it in the oven for 30min before we eat. Makes it so we have the oven for other things. Also we are not waiting for the bird to get done. I let it cool for a couple of hours and the meat just falls off the bones. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
big_smile.png
Nope, we're a family of procrastinators! We were running around Walmart, Top Foods, and Safeway last night, trying to find a turkey that wasn't frozen solid. My father decided it was a fantastic idea to wait until the 21st to buy a turkey.
idunno.gif
But that is a very smart idea. We always have a hard time with the oven situation, even with double ovens.

Last edited:
Hello my good Washington Friends. I have not been on here in months - never have time it seems. I hope you all are doing well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

But, I do have a question for all my knowledgable chicken buddies:

Can I give birds the pressed remnants from a local winery? It would be skins and seeds. Anyone know? I have heard that apple seeds can be toxic so I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day. I will try to get on a bit more often.

OK so I have fallen a bit behind lately. I think I saw some new peeps here. To any new peeps I have missed (sorry) I would like to say
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

And to all I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!! For me one thing I am very thankful for are the BYC peeps who have become my family!!

Back
Top Bottom