Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some chicks that may well look alot like that, very "silver"
They are "Party Chookies" we call them, and are from a Russian Orloff Cock over BBS Ameraucana hens............alot are "chocolate" with what looks like a partridge-blue body...so far.
Very pretty.
We were tired of BLACK chickens !!
lau.gif

Exciting to see the various colorations of EE this pairing is making!
I'm putting these on my WANT list !! are they good layers ????? If they lay white eggs they would be the PERFECT chicken
D.gif
Right CR ?
thumbsup.gif

Quote: OK Ron you just keep trying to convince yourself of that!
old.gif
Just yesterday I was talking to a potential new egg customer. She had no idea how much healthier my brown eggs are than those nasty white eggs. And then when I educated her how much better the brown eggs taste because the dark shell keeps the light out, (kind of like the reason I am told that they bottle beer { nasty} in dark bottles. And then if ya eat the colored ones .....well lets just say they have special powers especially the GREEN ones!
lau.gif
tongue2.gif

OK so I didn't really tell her all those things but did inform her that fresh home eggs are better. She was also shocked to learn this fact that some newbies may not know.
According to the USDA eggs sold in the grocery store as "FARM FRESH" can be up to 6 yes SIX months old!

Last edited:
nevermind about the lost AM... she just came to breakfast and I followed her back to a nest with a bunch of eggs she is sitting on.... 2 days of looking and wondering what happened to her... well now I know where she is hiding.

going to let her sit the eggs and see if she hatches em..... no idea how long she has been sitting but i guess 2 days lol

I have a couple of questions....since I'm relatively knew to the chicken game. I have two BO cockerals that are 15 weeks old. They are constantly together, like brothers. Has anyone ever heard of co-roostering, or will these two eventually end up fighting it out? any idea when I should expect that sort of thing?

Also, genetically speaking, do fowls NOT follow the immediate family rule? Like do brother roo's mount sister hens, and what about son roo's mounting their mothers? Father roo's and daughters? I'm a pretty open-minded person, but thinking about this is starting to freak me out.....lol!

I have four cockerals total. At what age should I start separating the 'lesser' roo's from the coop? Does everybody do that when there is more than one rooster?

Thanks for taking the time!

I have a couple of questions....since I'm relatively knew to the chicken game.  I have two BO cockerals that are 15 weeks old. They are constantly together, like brothers. Has anyone ever heard of co-roostering, or will these two eventually end up fighting it out? any idea when I should expect that sort of thing?

Also, genetically speaking, do fowls NOT follow the immediate family rule? Like do brother roo's mount sister hens, and what about son roo's mounting their mothers? Father roo's and daughters? I'm a pretty open-minded person, but thinking about this is starting to freak me out.....lol!

I have four cockerals total. At what age should I start separating the 'lesser' roo's from the coop? Does everybody do that when there is more than one rooster?

Roosters can co-exits just fine but there might be a little fighting to establish dominance. having them grow up together helps reduce the fighting.

Line breeding is father to daughters or mother to son.... sister to brothers is not good.

Line breeding involves breeding a strain back to itself to promote and perpetuate the good qualities that the line possesses and not bring in unknowns which may have a bad affect on the line. In my opinion it is something that should be undertaken only with a knowledge and research of what will be required and the risks involved.

http://archive.org/search.php?query=poultry breeding&sort=-date

I have a couple of questions....since I'm relatively knew to the chicken game. I have two BO cockerals that are 15 weeks old. They are constantly together, like brothers. Has anyone ever heard of co-roostering, or will these two eventually end up fighting it out? any idea when I should expect that sort of thing?

Also, genetically speaking, do fowls NOT follow the immediate family rule? Like do brother roo's mount sister hens, and what about son roo's mounting their mothers? Father roo's and daughters? I'm a pretty open-minded person, but thinking about this is starting to freak me out.....lol!

OK First I am really not one of the "PRO's" here but will try to give ya a little help until we can get somebody like CL, rainwolf, Illia or one of the other many pro's to step in.

I have heard that IF the roosters grow up together they normally are fine. Provided of course that there aren't too many together!!

As for the "family rule"! We are talking about animals here. It is all about reproduction. They have no rules and no conscience.

As for flock roosters. I only keep one in each flock. Anytime I do a hatch (not very often) "if it crows it goes (bye bye)"

OK Ron you just keep trying to convince yourself of that!
old.gif
Just yesterday I was talking to a potential new egg customer. She had no idea how much healthier my brown eggs are than those nasty white eggs. And then when I educated her how much better the brown eggs taste because the dark shell keeps the light out, (kind of like the reason I am told that they bottle beer { nasty} in dark bottles. And then if ya eat the colored ones .....well lets just say they have special powers especially the GREEN ones!
lau.gif
tongue2.gif

OK so I didn't really tell her all those things but did inform her that fresh home eggs are better. She was also shocked to learn this fact that some newbies may not know.
According to the USDA eggs sold in the grocery store as "FARM FRESH" can be up to 6 yes SIX months old!
CR
so you snow jobbed another customer into believing Brown eggs are better for ya then white ones huh? Sure hope she doesn't "Google" Brown eggs vs white eggs ! she will find out the truth
ep.gif
You should be selling Used Cars!!! ya could throw in a dozen Brown eggs with every car
gig.gif
Brown & white eggs have the SAME nutritional value. However Aracauna eggs (blueish) do contain MORE cholesterol then white or brown eggs
fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom