Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am LOL and had to share.

Earlier I was working and also browsing BYC (and other sites), while online. I had many tabs open in IE, going back and forth. Well all of a sudden I seen the time and flew out the door to a meeting.

I come home and my 17 yo daughter was acting kinda strange. Seemed she was avoiding me and when I tried to talk to her about something random she wouldn't look me in the eye. Finally I asked her what was wrong and she kinda hemmed and hawed and then says "I wasn't being nosey mom, but I seen what you were looking at online". I'm thinking WTH? So I come into my office and start to look at my computer. Well one of the tabs was BYC and it says :"Easter Egger Sexing tips and tricks"

OMGosh....I was cracking up so hard. I had tears down my face from laughing so hard. I told DH and he starts laughing. I went in and explained it to her (she has no interest in our chickens so no clue what an EE is) So she turns all red...but then starts laughing too.

I walk out of her room and say "love you boo" and she says "love you pervert".
lau.gif
That is to funny for words!
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Funny story about the EE sexing :gig

Ok so I'm still working hard and going no where :p
But I have 3 buff orpingtons that are looking good for pullets
1 olive egger pullet
1 BLRW pullet
1 sussex pullet with feathered shanks so not a breeder but a very sweet thing
and 1 very strange mohawk, tufted, and I think a small beard.... bird. it is a Appenzeller Spitzhauben x Easter Egger. (one of hallerlake's eggs)
Not sure what it is yet but its leaning towards a pullet.

If you are looking for Easter Eggers of the blue side let me know, so far the EE's are hatching black, blue and kind of a blue silver.

Just PM if your interested in any...

:welcome
to all the new people!

I will try and get online more but it is super busy here still....

Last edited:
Wowza, busy busy busy!!! This is the first time I've been able to make this thread in many days now! Just been checking PMs and working on getting ready for Dave to come build me a run, woohoo! Couldn't catch up, I was 12 pages behind, but things are good here with the girls. We got rid of a buncha girls and decided to stay small this year, we now have 8 total. 2 Buff Orps, 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Black Australorp (yes, she's still with us and she's still a brat to the kids
somad.gif
), 1 RIR, 1 Welsummer, and 1 GLW. I wish I had more that would lay fun eggs, but maybe next year I'll get some of those pretty EEs and call it good. I don't think our EEs are very pretty but at least we'll get some green/blue/pink eggs at some point.

OK, off to check on some things and head to bed. I started working out and I'm freaking tired! Ugh.

I am LOL and had to share.

Earlier I was working and also browsing BYC (and other sites), while online. I had many tabs open in IE, going back and forth. Well all of a sudden I seen the time and flew out the door to a meeting.

I come home and my 17 yo daughter was acting kinda strange. Seemed she was avoiding me and when I tried to talk to her about something random she wouldn't look me in the eye. Finally I asked her what was wrong and she kinda hemmed and hawed and then says "I wasn't being nosey mom, but I seen what you were looking at online". I'm thinking WTH? So I come into my office and start to look at my computer. Well one of the tabs was BYC and it says :"Easter Egger Sexing tips and tricks"

OMGosh....I was cracking up so hard. I had tears down my face from laughing so hard. I told DH and he starts laughing. I went in and explained it to her (she has no interest in our chickens so no clue what an EE is) So she turns all red...but then starts laughing too.

I walk out of her room and say "love you boo" and she says "love you pervert".
lau.gif
That is just too funny!

We just got feed at Montesano Farm & Garden & they had NH chicks there....hatchery birds but odd to see that breed at a feed store !!!!
If you want good german Lines, look up KathyinMo
I got my NH, RI, and Australorps at the teeny tiny feed store in Snoqualmie. All fantastic layers, and my friendliest hens!

Hi all! I live near Spokane & I'm totally new to chicken raising. I have 7 chickens and am in the finishing stages of building the coop.
I impulse bought 4 chickens for my daughters for Easter & just went from there. We added 3 more chickens recently and I did that all wrong too, but everything is working out well, albeit a few minor bumps in the road.

My chicks are about almost 8 weeks old. Do they lose their feathers at this age? I am noticing a few in the pen and not sure if its natural or not?
THANKS

They will constantly loose a few. But if you are seeing bald spots, that might indicate a problem.

Bobcat! I put the chickens in about an hour ago. I just heard a bunch of squawking,very loud from my coop. I went out to check and saw a good size bobcat at the (closed, whew) door to the run. I just added a bungy cord to reinforce. Glad there was no lunch for the bobcat today. My poor chickens are still sending out the alarm.

You need a BB-gun :)

HI guys,
Wasn't there someone on this board that was an "EE expert"? I have a couple pics of my 7 week old EE. I am pretty sure its a pullet but would love some input.
D.gif

Well you already know this is a girl.

Thanks dawng and Teva! I appreciate the feedback.

With EE's is it the coloring that helps determine sex? What would a cockerel look like? Just curious......

Yes coloring helps a LOT with EEs. Boys will have color 'leaking' through their shoulders. I'll show you an example in my next post. (Wont be EE but the concepts is the same)

I have 2 1 1/2 yr old NH Reds, but Yakima is pretty far from us. Other side of the mountains, I think?

--Deborah

I'm smack dab in the middle of the state - ok ok ok, just south of smack-dab :)

We just got feed at Montesano Farm & Garden & they had NH chicks there....hatchery birds but odd to see that breed at a feed store !!!!
If you want good german Lines, look up KathyinMo

Hmm.. that is odd to see Hamps in a feed store.

Thanks for the lead on German Lines - I'm, really looking for Newcomer strain, and have found a hatchery that claims to have them, but I'm skeptical. I'm currently hunting for hatching eggs.

OK More !
Crele Chantecler project.....of 3 chicks hatched :

Both cockerels

Both cockerels

Crele cockerel

Partridge pullet, partridge cockerel in back.........

So.....1 partridge pullet, 1 partridge cockerel and 1 crele cockerel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

See the red leaking through the shoulders? That happens often with EE roos.

Hi all! I live near Spokane & I'm totally new to chicken raising. I have 7 chickens and am in the finishing stages of building the coop.
I impulse bought 4 chickens for my daughters for Easter & just went from there. We added 3 more chickens recently and I did that all wrong too, but everything is working out well, albeit a few minor bumps in the road.

Welcome !

welcome-byc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom