Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare feathers You should give some SERIOUS THOUGHT to the idea of getting a METAL bucket to use for ashes. I put mine in a metal bucket then store them in a safe dry place outside. Then when they cool I put them in for the chickens to dust in. They love it and I have been told it can help with little crawly bugs.

Quote:
I use tuna cans for my rabbits in the winter. I don't fill them up all the way, just enough so I can squeeze the sides together and break the ice.

Awesome idea, now I gotta go eat 6 cans of tuna !!!
lau.gif

I am going to have to make Tuna Hot dish now...hey that sounds good too !
Whay am I so hungry ???
I never am hungry like this !
Maybe the snow and cold just make you wanna curl up and eat !!!!!!!!
13.gif

Quote:
I use tuna cans for my rabbits in the winter. I don't fill them up all the way, just enough so I can squeeze the sides together and break the ice.

Awesome idea, now I gotta go eat 6 cans of tuna !!!
lau.gif

I am going to have to make Tuna Hot dish now...hey that sounds good too !
Whay am I so hungry ???
I never am hungry like this !
Maybe the snow and cold just make you wanna curl up and eat !!!!!!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/13.gif

I know why I am hungry, it's lunch time.

ashes go outside, no matter what kind of bucket you have.
OUT !
I have seen several people burn up their carpeting that had metal buckets but left the filled bucket indorrs...not a good idea !
Dh has gone to town for anti freeze for my washer.
He is convinced that he can hook a hose to the tail pipe of the van and shoot it at the washing machine motor and it will defrost "quickly".
I told him the condensation from the tail pipe will just freeze and stick to the outside of the washing machine's cast iron motor.
He disagrees.
See what I have to put up with ?
It is hard to train them when they are this old and he has never been in the PNW in winter (but he knows everything)
lau.gif

This is funny.
I totally expected him to get his OXY-ACEtylene tanks out and tip the washer over...well you get the picture.
roll.png

Quote:
We have always done the same thing, metal bucket and we mix the ashes with the DE.. works great for creepies..

Quote:
did everyone make it thru the night ok? I found my MFC pullet! She musta been under someone... *whew*! lol
Glad your fire situation didn't get out of hand..

I don't know yet...I have to go out & check on my geese & ducks....it's supposed to be even colder tonight so they're staying in the horse trailer until we leave tomorrow.
hmm.png

I wish we had something like that... I was thinking about dividing up the goat kennel--it's a dog kennel under cover--and putting the ducks in there. Right now everyone crams in the henhouse at night, and I fear to put water in there for the chickens because ducks make such a wet mess. But since they don't seem to mind the cold so much, they would be good with the goats, and I could leave the chickens locked up in their house till it is safe for them to come out. Right now everyone is pecking thru the straw in the sun...
smile.png
*sigh* I am so worried to be gone this week. eeee.

Hope you all stay somewhat cozy!! get a metal bucket huh!
big_smile.png
haha...

Quote:
clap.gif
welcome
smile.png

Zgoatlady is an old timer here on the thread, but she has been GONE all summer !!!
Missed her!
Glad to see you are back and check in every so often!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom