Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK So I am all caught up so guess I better use the next hour I have to start loading. Then it is of to work on jacking the neighbors house up. Then noon will be back loading and trying to get a few more things made . After dinner I will go set up and then be there fri, sat and sun 8am to 7 pm. This is gonna be a long weekend. See I have no help and DW will most likely have to stay home and be taken care of over teh phone.

Quote:
I will gladly eat yer share. But they gotta be red meat, Hernistons and have seeds. Speaking of seeds ya know ya don't waste time picking the seeds just eat and the ones that become next years crop wherever you may be setting.

Hmm, this coming from someone raised on meat and potatoes and mushy vegetables. Broaden your palate. Open up your mind to new possibilities! You won't know what else is out there or what you might be missing. Hermiston Watermelon can still be your favorite but, like I tell my kids, you have to at least take one bite. Try everything once. If you took a bite of Illias watermelon you might be very surprized.

Quote:
I will gladly eat yer share. But they gotta be red meat, Hernistons and have seeds. Speaking of seeds ya know ya don't waste time picking the seeds just eat and the ones that become next years crop wherever you may be setting.

Hmm, this coming from someone raised on meat and potatoes and mushy vegetables. Broaden your palate. Open up your mind to new possibilities! You won't know what else is out there or what you might be missing. Hermiston Watermelon can still be your favorite but, like I tell my kids, you have to at least take one bite. Try everything once. If you took a bite of Illias watermelon you might be very surprized.

NO NO NO not gonna do it and you cant make me like it!!!
lau.gif
Actually I have the outlook that if you haven't tried it don't say you don't like it. Not gonna like it and you can't make me you can't make me you can't make me...... OKOKOK I will try it see I tolya I wadnt gonna like it!!!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I think CR would freak if he saw how FEW tomatoes of mine are red.
lol.png
And that none of my corn is solid yellow or white. And that my bananas are blue. And my eggplants are orange. I could go on.
tongue.png

But in terms of watermelon, we still do have red fleshed Watermelon, it's an old and rare variety from Iraq, who so far anyone that has tried it has said it is the best they've ever had. Even watermelon haters get converted because of it.
smile.png

I seriously don't like the fact that commercialization of food has turned people to believe so harshly that commercial strains and varieties are the only way to go. They're so incredibly bland and lame. As I said before, they're bred for production, not FLAVOR.

Consider that the original and oldest variety of tomato is yellow, the second oldest varieties were bi-colored and purple. They were not your average perfect round thing either; They were awesomely pleated, lobed, disfigured, or simply small and elongated like a sausage or plum. And despite all the seemingly unappetizing shapes and colors, their flavor FAR exceeds your average "Early Girl" and "Roma." Out here our sauce tomatoes are either brown and green striped or orange.
smile.png

I love the smell of melons...I just can't eat them
sad.png

A bite or two and I am dying in the restroom with cramps and not fun stuff going on. I can handle the juice alone in small quanties tho so... I am assuming an allergy or sensitivity of some sort. Lovely...

But anyway those melons sure LOOKED yummy!!!

Anyone going to the Monroe fair this weekend? DH got busted <LOL> so his punishment is to take me to the Fair on Sat AND buy me dinner on the way home with dessert
tongue.png
He is not a Fair fan at all but he is still gonna take me
smile.png
Told him its either that OR mowing the lawn.... the Fair won haha lesser of two evils I guess.

Quote:
Give it up girl Watermelon all started from the Hermiston and went from there. You know but are just in denial. It's all the rain up there that has confused you. Yes and do you by chance have green tomatoes. I don't know the name but they were very good. YES THEY WERE GREEN WHEN RIPE. Supposed to be lower acid.

wink.png
Seattle here! Have a little bitty farm down in the Madison Valley by the Arboretum! 7 noisy lil fluffbutts makin' delicious eggs!

Quote:
Yep, we have Green Grape, Green Sausage, and Aunt Ruby's German Green. They do indeed have lower acid, however the lowest is usually found in Orange or White tomatoes. Very "mild" tomato flavor, which is made up for by being very sweet and fruity.

Next year we'll be expanding to Green Malachite, Evergreen, and a couple others.

Quote:
I juiced for a while...too much hassle.
I just throw everything int he blender and drink it all up in the mornings now. Plup, fiber, juice. YUM
I put in yogurt, blueberries, bananas, melons, kale, Vit D, Niacin, Grapefruit seed extract, probiotics...ehat ever I feel like adding and it is so yummy.
It wakes up my yummy. then 3 hrs later I have breakfast...Brunch. LOL whatever meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom