Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Cindy, I'll tell you the same thing I told Jen V: I'm glad you've had good experiences with him, I just haven't and it's been consistent.
You are now only the 2nd person nationwide that I've heard anything positive from in regards to Mr. Decker. The real issue at hand is that he is responding to show questions with his own opinions, NOT the decisions made by the WFF Executive Board.

He has done other things that I personally know of that I will not put on this public board because I'm not here to bash his reputation, just trying to get things cleared up for the show...

Quote:
Yes they normally go in the area being heated. Most commonly used in shops, garages etc. I don't know of any in houses and am pretty sure they would not pass for WA.
I don't have a barrel stove. I think you missunderstood. It was 4312 that said her family had one when she was a kid (you know like 2-3 years ago). I have a blaze king and yes I do "normally" load it once a day.

And yes you do have to use some caution with barrel stoves but if you put some brick or sand in the bottom and don't run them too hot they will last quite a while.
A better plan for a barrel stove is to get some yarder tube and plate then build your own and it will last a very long time. Also CGG with the barrel stove you only put wood in the bottom the top is just to radiat heat

are you guys talking about this kind of stove?
7dc89fe6-e21a-4c3f-b210-6d8e18dcb4df_300.jpg

I think in the basement it would be nice
smile.png
but barrel stoves are what I call "temp" stoves... you have to replace the barrel every so often (depending on amount of use) and you have to watch not to over heat....

I like the heavy cast iron wood stoves since I've been know to ermm.... "make it glow"
big_smile.png

pips&peeps :

Quote:
SAWEEEET Queen Jeanine ROCKS BTW did you peeps hear Jeanine is now Grand Pooh Bah for the "Faverolles Fanciers of America" club.
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

Yep, once you become Western District Director of the Ameraucana Breeders Club, you get cornered into doing all sorts of things......
gig.gif

lau.gif
Yep, first step ABC Western District Director, next step, some sort of Presidency!!
gig.gif

Quote:
Yep, once you become Western District Director of the Ameraucana Breeders Club, you get cornered into doing all sorts of things......
gig.gif

lau.gif
Yep, first step ABC Western District Director, next step, some sort of Presidency!!
gig.gif

big_smile.png
wee.gif

Quote:
Yes they normally go in the area being heated. Most commonly used in shops, garages etc. I don't know of any in houses and am pretty sure they would not pass for WA.
I don't have a barrel stove. I think you missunderstood. It was 4312 that said her family had one when she was a kid (you know like 2-3 years ago). I have a blaze king and yes I do "normally" load it once a day.

And yes you do have to use some caution with barrel stoves but if you put some brick or sand in the bottom and don't run them too hot they will last quite a while.
A better plan for a barrel stove is to get some yarder tube and plate then build your own and it will last a very long time. Also CGG with the barrel stove you only put wood in the bottom the top is just to radiat heat

are you guys talking about this kind of stove?
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/7d/7dc89fe6-e21a-4c3f-b210-6d8e18dcb4df_300.jpg

I think in the basement it would be nice
smile.png
but barrel stoves are what I call "temp" stoves... you have to replace the barrel every so often (depending on amount of use) and you have to watch not to over heat....

I like the heavy cast iron wood stoves since I've been know to ermm.... "make it glow"
big_smile.png

That would be the ones. they work well but do burn out. That is why I suggest using yarder tube. Problem is it will be VERY heavy.

Quote:
I agree. Brian is a judge and he just tells it to you straight. He's always been willing to give me honest, critical feedback. I like that much better than those who won't tell you that you will never go anywhere with your birds the way they are. When I was asking him to critique my W & BW Ameraucanas, he once told me several things and then said that if I wanted to get on Champion Row I was gonna have to go with a solid color, preferrably black or white. Then he proceeded to tell me why. I didn't particularly like his reasoning but I understood it. Nonetheless, it didn't deter me from continuing to work on my particular variety of interest. My goal is not to get on Champion Row necessarily but breed the best doggone WBS Ameraucanas out there and continue with them until I just don't think I can do any better. That, frankly is not something I see happening.

Also, Brian may have misunderstood your intentions and/or question. He's a judge and most likely he was looking at it from that perspective. So, if he thinks you are looking to see if a bird will wind up as Grand Champion or something, in order to help you he's likely gonna tell you if that isn't a real possibility.

And then there is also the possibility if the communication was all by email that one side or both just read it as it was not intended. I can tell you from personal experience that I have had folks take an offense to emails I've written - both on the job and personal - when they read something that I just never intended it to be like.

Finally, I think it would do everyone well to remember this is a poultry show - not the AKC Eukenuba Westminster Dog Show - and the WFF is just a small group of volunteers who get together a couple of times a year to promote the Fancy and to meet with one another. It's not that big. It's not that fancy. It's not that organized like a big club might be. But then again, it has a lot of things - and it does not have a lot of things - that many of those other type clubs do.

God Bless,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom