Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size etc will depend on what you want.
If you have space I would build multi coops so you can divide for breeding.
You will want at least....
1 Adult coop
1 Teen coop
and a breeder coop
You might want a rooster pen and/or a meat bird pen
Again if you have space I would build a multi coop.... My favorite one which I can not find the photo of anymore....
a Pole barn type like in this thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/539324/my-new-barn-from-3-pens-to-13
in Washington you would need to close off the ends and only have 1 wall open wire for air. Or they would get to wet/cold in the winter.
Or you can make something like this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/594825/my-new-breeding-pens
Trying to find the one I like
smile.png

OOOOOOO I like the first one.... Thank You

Ok now for a hen update! I thought she was egg bound, so I read about checking for one, used the lube ect, soaked her in warm water,
when I did the vent probe this water white substance came out!! It was like egg white!!! I dried her off with a towel and put her in the crate with a space heater situated outside the crate, but she seems even more lethargic and I did not feel an egg!! I have never had a sick chicken!! I have no idea why she's sick?? No one else is....yet?? I'm so bummed!! I don't know how to fix her!
hit.gif

Thanks so much you guys are awesome.
celebrate.gif
I dont have the room yet to build a proper barn but my husband and I are getting ready to sell our house and buying a home on 5 - 10 acres. Right now its just a question of when.We are kinda in limbo.
barnie.gif
Hubby is in the military and may be deploying soon. So he wants to start making plans while he is here so he can add his input. If that make since.

Anyone else around Kittitas County going to the Purina sponsored chicken raising class tomorrow? I'm going pretty much to meet people but maybe I will learn something too :)

Ok now for a hen update! I thought she was egg bound, so I read about checking for one, used the lube ect, soaked her in warm water,
when I did the vent probe this water white substance came out!! It was like egg white!!! I dried her off with a towel and put her in the crate with a space heater situated outside the crate, but she seems even more lethargic and I did not feel an egg!! I have never had a sick chicken!! I have no idea why she's sick?? No one else is....yet?? I'm so bummed!! I don't know how to fix her!
hit.gif

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Sorry I have no help to offer. Was there anything that looked like shell? Also have you checked about internal layer? Not sure what it is just have heard about it !

Anyone else around Kittitas County going to the Purina sponsored chicken raising class tomorrow? I'm going pretty much to meet people but maybe I will learn something too
smile.png

Well, I didn't know they were having one!! That's cool!! Have fun!! Got more cleaning to do, and now I'm chicken sitting!!
sad.png

hit.gif

UGH... Im sorry. Is she still drinking?
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom