Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have missed it, how old are the goats when you dehorn them? If I have to dehorn my calves they are done by or before 3 months of age. My brother and I can't hold them down or keep control of them in the head gate otherwise. I used to pay the vet to do that but learned how to do it and go over my fear of hurting them at school. Saves me at least one trip from the vet a year. I help some friends east of the mountains dehorn on a small ranch and there calves are 1 to 4 months. Sometimes the older ones really get the chute rocking! Just more farm excitement!

wanted to say hello here. I am in pasco, WA and just getting into the chicken thing... chickens, ducks, turkeys are what all I have at the moment. Oh and 2 coturnix quail i managed to win at auction. howdy!

Hey there from Outlook!! just down the road!! You came to the right spot!! lots to learn and some great peeps to learn from!
welcome-byc.gif

Ok so Ive been really bad
hide.gif
I have some sizzle, scovy, Araucana, Ameracuana, and Cream Legbar eggs
celebrate.gif
heading my way right now. So if in a month you dont hear from me it will be becasue my husband put me 6 feet deep. He is so going to kill me
hu.gif

So now I have to get busy and put some more hatchers together so they can hatch. Next I have now idea how to do duck eggs.

Ok acouple of sayings of mine come to mind one.....if I dood it I get in twuble!!! I dood it!! And GO BIG OR STAY AT HOME!! LOL!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
just tell me what kind of flowers you want at your funeral!!
th.gif

I just need to vent...

Come home--open up credit card bill and see a bunch of charges we didn't make. Spent hours on the phone with different companies and the bank. Had to close account. Looks like money will be all refunded. But still a royal PITA.

Then we find out we've got a pack rat living in our heat duct system under the house. A BIG, smelly one that's chewed through the duct work, peed on everything, ripped up insulation and made a huge mess...DH kept blaming the smell on the cat box but I told him it wasn't cat pee!
roll.png
So far, the estimates we have to replace the entire thing vary but the lowest one is $4,000.00

Lastly, I just got onto my eBay to check my auctions and noticed new feedback. I went on and someone left me NEUTRAL feedback! First time in 10+ years.

Apparently, she was angry that the auction for 3+ eggs goose eggs only included 3 eggs and that none hatched oh and they were "dirty." I did put in the auction that it was guaranteed 3 eggs, but I'd ship more if they became available. They didn't. I don't wash my eggs before shipping. I brush them off--but for God's sake--they're GEESE! I keep their nesting shelters as clean as I can...but THEY'RE GEESE! I have had excellent fertility here this year with all of my geese and hatched out eggs I deemed too dirty to send without an issue.

Funny thing, she e-mailed me several times and asked many questions about hatching geese (or attempting to) including incubation with chicken eggs. I gave her advice from my own experience and told her to not try chicken and goose eggs in the same incubator at the same time. She said okay and made it sound like she had two incubators and ended up buying another auction from me for chicken eggs. I shipped both on the same day. She e-mailed me a few days later and said all of the chicken eggs had made it but one of the goose eggs had cracked. I told her about sealing it with wax and didn't hear anything else. Today, she just left the neutral feedback.

I've been a member of eBay for more than 10 years but I think this is the last straw. I'm just so tired of dealing with people like this...I tried to put in as many disclaimers into the auction as I could-including how hard geese eggs are to hatch...still didn't work. Sighs.

I guess I'll just have to focus on selling on BYC because you guys seem to be more reasonable! LOL

Oh and I'd like to add that I did file a claim against her leaving the feedback and asked for a revision. So we'll see.

Either that or you need to just brush it off and say tough sheep!! I mean, unfortunately people are well, people, and they are going to complain if they aren't hung with a gold rope!! LOL!! 10 yrs is an aw full long time to have a good record, I wouldn't let some inexperienced ya hoo ruin a good business! just MHO

RFF: Sorry about the pack rat mess. I understand. They are very smelly and very messy. There are pellets at the FS that you can get to kill it that do not have a secondary life....meaning if the cat or dog gets ahold of the rat they won't be poisoned. They are incredibly destructive too.

Regarding your ebay "friend"....remember you can not please ALL the people ALL of the time. You did your very best. And anyone who knows about eggs knows that you should not "wash" them. If that is the only not "great" you have had in 10 years....people will read and those who know will understand.

Sorry about the credit card stuff too. That is not fun. Very scarey.

Well, I gotta go get ready for work. Talk to you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom