Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Yup! Happens here, too. Although, I like to blame it on the mini keyboard.
gig.gif
It CAN'T be ME messing it up!

Quote:
So the black one (the one standing tall) came out of the olive egg.

The other dark ones came out of brown eggs. They look almost exactly alike. I'm trying to pick out distinguishing features so we can remember who is who. I'm guessing their names are going to get confused a lot.

The yellow one came out of a white egg.

Any idea on what sex they may be at this young of an age? I've heard some breeds can be sexed by color. I don't know anything about Salmon Faverolles and CR didn't know which hen(s) laid which eggs.
But it really wasn't a white egg!!! IT WAS a VERY light tan/cream color. We are not allowed to have white eggers here.

Well, I'm proud to announce that Chicken Rustler's Salmon Faverolles "Fudge" is a Papa! We have FOUR energetic little chicks trying to establish a mini pecking order. 2 pipped last night. All 4 hatched today.
celebrate.gif
Cute little babies!

Quote:
So the black one (the one standing tall) came out of the olive egg.

The other dark ones came out of brown eggs. They look almost exactly alike. I'm trying to pick out distinguishing features so we can remember who is who. I'm guessing their names are going to get confused a lot.

The yellow one came out of a white egg.

Any idea on what sex they may be at this young of an age? I've heard some breeds can be sexed by color. I don't know anything about Salmon Faverolles and CR didn't know which hen(s) laid which eggs.
But it really wasn't a white egg!!! IT WAS a VERY light tan/cream color. We are not allowed to have white eggers here.

That's funny. You don't have any white eggers at all? Any idea what breed/mix may have layed the very light cream egg? LOL! S/he's my cute lil yellow fluffy butt.

One of finches is laying eggs. They are soo itty bitty, there is a dime in the picture to show their size:

I doubt that they will be hatched or that the babies will survive if they do hatch..but they're cute anyway.

Last edited:
Well, fall has arrived: I've soaked all the way through both of my heavy Carhardt hoodies and I came inside both times when it started really raining hard!

On the other hand, it's warm, and the soil temps are high enough that I can see spots of green in the pasture, which is grand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom