Wasp & Chicken Coop - Help!!

What is a safe way to get rid of the wasp around and in my chicken coop without hurting my chickens?

The safest, quickest, and cheapest way to rid your property of a paper-wasp wasp nest is to get about 12 to 14 ounces of fresh gasoline in a pint tin can then provided that the wasp nest is in the open and you have not provoked them: quickly, with vigor, and at very close range dash the full contents of the tin can squarely onto the wasp nest. The wasps will be instantly frozen to death and it is not uncommon for many of them to die still sitting quietly on their nest, wings still folded. If you are concerned with your chickens eating the dead wasps don't worry. The wasps will die so swiftly that they can immediately be safely picked up off of the ground. I do not recommend killing wasp in this manner if there is a chance of a spark, like if the wasp nest is on a light fixture.

I don't doubt for an instant that I have killed hundreds of wasp nest in this manner and I have yet not been stung by a wasp on any of these nests.

a lot of these solution might work outside the coop but inside. I dont see any of them really being safe as it needs to be done at night , and it's right next to the roost which is between the wasp nest and the door, so it's going to fall on the hens

Just demolished a large yellow jacket (wasp) nest on the eave of our front porch. I put about 2 quarts of water on the stove in a shallow pot. Once it hit a rolling boil, added 2 tablespoons of Dawn dishwashing soap and walked straight out to the porch. Threw the entire contents of the pot right at the nest. Killed about 30 that fell straight to the ground, and another 10 or so are dead on/against the nest. None of them flew away, and none of them moved on the ground. All dead.

Some of the water may have splashed me as I was moving (running) away -- but certainly nothing that even felt hot. No burns -- but be careful! Boiling water burns chickens (and humans) too.

Back
Top Bottom