Waste tray liner

RGB1143

Hatching
Mar 9, 2024
Hey everyone! Looking for best ways to handle waste with my quail I have a waste tray, currently have 31 birds and using paper towels for now which obviously isn’t working well. Thinking of try Kraft paper, and unsure of I want to compost because my space is limited and the birds poop a lot so not sure if the bin will fill up quick anyways. Let me know what works for all of you!

I keep mine on raised garden beds. I rotate them every few months (plant, harvest, put quail on, move quail off and let sit, repeat). The poop gets hoed under every couple weeks, so I don't worry about waste trays.

Hey everyone! Looking for best ways to handle waste with my quail I have a waste tray, currently have 31 birds and using paper towels for now which obviously isn’t working well. Thinking of try Kraft paper, and unsure of I want to compost because my space is limited and the birds poop a lot so not sure if the bin will fill up quick anyways. Let me know what works for all of you!
I use pine shavings on my waste trays, but I'm considering switching to pine pellets instead. I don't know if there's much difference between the two.

If you use shavings, use only pine. The tannins in hardwoods are toxic to quail. And if you use pine shavings, you will find 2 varieties - small or large shavings. The large won't blow around as much, but, it will sooner clog your shop vac.

Back
Top Bottom