Joneseashley

In the Brooder
Dec 21, 2019
Good morning,

I have a sick hen and don’t have access/lack of availability to a Veterinarian clinic.

She has been isolated from the group after noticing her looking lethargic. She has a distended stomach, it is now red, not passing eggs or poop, and had yellow fluid come out of her mouth when I initially picked her up. I suspect egg bound or water belly. I can’t feel an egg when I examine her. She is suffering and need to know if treatment is possible. We live in Canada and curious if there’s anything I can buy at a farm store?

Thank you in advance

Good morning,

I have a sick hen and don’t have access/lack of availability to a Veterinarian clinic.

She has been isolated from the group after noticing her looking lethargic. She has a distended stomach, it is now red, not passing eggs or poop, and had yellow fluid come out of her mouth when I initially picked her up. I suspect egg bound or water belly. I can’t feel an egg when I examine her. She is suffering and need to know if treatment is possible. We live in Canada and curious if there’s anything I can buy at a farm store?

Thank you in advance
How is her crop?
Can you feel any eggs in her?

Back
Top Bottom