Water On Little Giant: Fried Eggs -- Need Another Bator

jabowery

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 26, 2010
My Coop
My Coop
I bought an egg turner for my Little Giant incubator so I wouldn't have to open it up all the time. This, I thought, would allow me to add water through the holes in the top. Everything worked great until I spilled a small amount of water (a tablespoon full or so) and it ran into the thermostat knob. This ended up disabling the thermostat -- it wouldn't turn the heat off no matter how adjusted.

OK, so now I have fried eggs instead of chicks and I'm thinking its time to return the turner while I still can and buy something that isn't so hard to deal with as the LG.

What's the next step up or should I build one?

If I build, should I keep the turner? Does anyone have a pick list for affordable parts with their sources?

Last edited:
Nice try but, Little Grunt does not honor anything or do anything to help with repair work. They seem like a third world Co. I tried to hook up a store bought Little Grunt thermostat and shorted out the fan. Called them, told them my problem, they grunted and said "your problem grunt". I may be 74, bad heart problems and hands that will not stop shaking, but I feel like LJ treated me like crap and I'm done with their products. I have three of them. I was also an STSC (ss) USN with 22 years of electronics exp. Paul

I just noticed you Jaabowery. I've read just about every reading you've had. Would love to hear your coll exp. Some of your writings are fantastic. Paul

I bought an egg turner for my Little Giant incubator so I wouldn't have to open it up all the time.  This, I thought, would allow me to add water through the holes in the top.  Everything worked great until I spilled a small amount of water (a tablespoon full or so) and it ran into the thermostat knob.  This ended up disabling the thermostat -- it wouldn't turn the heat off no matter how adjusted.

OK, so now I have fried eggs instead of chicks and I'm thinking its time to return the turner while I still can and buy something that isn't so hard to deal with as the LG.

What's the next step up or should I build one?

If I build, should I keep the turner?  Does anyone have a pick list for affordable parts with their sources?

Was just looking at the little giant that I got for $10.. pickeked up egg turner as well so thanks for heads up on water in thermo!... I did read a reference that suggested using an aqairium air tube to run water down into water holding area.. probably use a syringe to squirt it down... can you order just that part to replace on it?.. Or probably more then finding a used one.

The thermostat is working again. It apparently just had to dry out.

Of course, my incubator run is probably ruined but I'm going to let it run its course anyway. Hatch day was supposed to be Oct 1. If any chicks survived it may be later because I had to remove the heat for a couple of days while the thermostat dried out.

Well, hush my mouth!

Out of about 40 eggs, only 6 have not hatched!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom