Waterers?

Will this work in a brooder? The chicks are 2 weeks old and I'd like to purchase something that can be transferred over with them so I don't need to buy something new when I move them in a few weeks...

i guess it would work in your brooder depending on how big your brooder is. i used the small one like you have in our brooder but changed to a larger one once i moved them outside. the smaller one like you have is just not practical for full grown chickens.

That will work fine for the brooder but will be a horrible pain in the coop. Waterer cups are a good solution because they take up very little coop/run space since you can keep the water bucket outside of the coop. This allows for easier filling too. Plus it is a contained system so you don't get the nasty algae growth.

I have the large PVC version of this and it requires cleaning. About once a week I take the top off and scrub it. How do you clean the "L" shaped version you have above?

We have a 3 litre Red watere and weve got 4 Adult chickens and we are getting 2 more and the man were getting them from has said that its plenty big enough... So get a 3 litre bottle because they wont go straight at the same time they will do it one at a time or 2 at a time... and its cheaper...
Hope this helps,
Lewbylew99

I bought 3 cups as pictured above for my flock and got them installed in a similar fashion 3 days ago. The chicks and adult birds alike took to the cups immediatly and absolutely ZERO leaks or drips as I had experienced with even the expensive brands of nipples. I am impressed thus far.

Back
Top Bottom