Wazine 17 dosage

MeekerMomma

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 26, 2012
Rimersburg, PA
I'm going to give my flock of 10 chickens who are over 18 weeks old Wazine 17 today but I'm confused on how much to give them. It says on the bottle to give chicks over 6 weeks of age for each 100 birds 2 fl oz in 2 gl of water.. but I only have 10 chickens. How much should I give?

I'm going to give my flock of 10 chickens who are over 18 weeks old Wazine 17 today but I'm confused on how much to give them. It says on the bottle to give chicks over 6 weeks of age for each 100 birds 2 fl oz in 2 gl of water.. but I only have 10 chickens. How much should I give?
I believe that you can use that dosage. Each individual chicken will drink the same amount as they would if there were 100 birds. However, I'd wait until somebody with more experience with Wazine answers, just to be safe.

Dosage for wazine is one ounce per gallon of water for 24 hours only. Put it out in the morning before letting your birds out of the coop. They will be thirsty and drink it. It must be their sole source of water to drink during the 24 hour period. Discard after 24 hours are up and provide them regular freshwater thereater.
Consider redosing in 10 days with a different wormer such as valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard liquid goat wormer.

Back
Top Bottom