We don't do Valentine's Day...

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
totally agree Nifty......

I;m not a girly girl--don't like jewellery and such,

Guess I am the nay-sayer here, lol!! I Loooooovvvveeee to get jewelry for Valentines Day!!!!! My hubby is really sweet about that and I have some pretty necklaces that were Valentine surprises...some years flowers at work, that's always nice too (my son is doing that for his girlfriend)..and then are are always those hazlenut/toffee crunch swirly seashell chocolates Godiva makes that you would snatch from your grandma!!! Yummmy!!!! DH got a new recliner last friday for his Valentine (course I have a card and some suduko books too for tomorrow) and he is already over the legal limit for naps taken in it, lol! Valentine's Day is a great opportunity to stop and remind yourself and your spouse/other of the reasons that you picked them to share your life with in the first place....sure alot of people do that everyday, you should do that everyday, never know which one might be your last one, but alot of people need a special day as a reminder to slow down and do something 'special' for their loved ones. Just one good gushy-mushy day when ideally there would be no one unhappy about anything, wouldn't that be great!!!....Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow...and some young lady on this forum has a great date with her new beau...not to mention any names but her goat has antlers ......
lau.gif

I forgot to add good lcuk to Carri on the baby!!! and I think the heart shaped pizza and peppers is one of the sweetest traditions I've ever heard!!​

Last edited:
I spent alot of years married to someone who didn't do much of anything for any occassion.

I find it very nice now that my husband brings me pink roses. They are my favorites. It will be no suprise. But he will bring me pink roses and I will gush over them and all will be right in the world for yet another day.

We celebrate our love daily, but on certain occasions we do special things for each other that we don't do everyday and Valentine's Day is one of those days.

My husband and I don't buy gifts for each other - we always make them. Usually for Valentine's we make each other a card and write a poem. I know this sounds sappy, but that's just the way that we are "still newlyweds." My sister keeps saying "When you've been married for 15 years, you won't be holding hands anymore." We are going to prove her wrong.

We have plans to go away for the weekend - we are staying at a nice hotel, have a dress up dinner (no drive thru restaurants) and walk along the beach together.

My husband and I have been married almost 22 years and we still hold hands. You have to keep the spark going in a marriage or it will go out and you'll be left with a cold dead one. Tell the ones you love how much you love and respect them daily, you never know if it will be their last.

Yeah, the homemade heart-shaped pizza! That's a wonderful tradition. We might have to borrow that idea on Saturday.

We're like the other people on this thread who try to be polite and loving to the other person all year long.

I once had a co-worker who was beautiful and glamorous and wore many big diamonds, but as we got friendlier, she told me how mean and nasty her husband was to her. He would try to make up for it by buying big diamonds once or twice a year.

If you ask me, I'd rather have kind words than cold rocks.

ep.gif
A baby????
ep.gif

I guess I am way past that!
My DH is just not one for romance. I did get nice money gift a few days early for my 40th a couple of weeks ago. Then on my actual bday-not a word:( not even a mention of it!
th.gif
Since our 6th anniversary is the week after Valentine's, I am not really expecting too much. (We have all the big events{Christmas, bday, V-day and anniv} within 2 months of each other!) who knows- he may surprise me! I am going shopping later to pick him up a little something special! And if I don't get anything I'll just keep his gift!LOL!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom