We don't do Valentine's Day...

We celebrate Valentine's Day... but it does get kinda squashed... My hubby's birthday is a few days before Valentine's Day and his birthday is also our anniversary. Soo... we try to go out to dinner for our anniversary, I get him something good for his birthday while he gets me roses (this year's are yellow ones). By the time that Valentine's rolls around, I usually get good chocolate, more flowers and we find something to do together like watch really bad sci-fi movies.

Although I love jewelry, I usually get that while on vacation, for my birthday or for Christmas...Not for Valentines Day.

We don't do V day either, good thing cause hubby is away working.
sad.png
Atleast we got to spend some time together on our 6th wedding anniversiary on Feb.10th.

Get ready for some complete lameness. I go all out fun for the kids, most of it circles around food. They are 5,3,2 and 10 months. It is fun for them.

We wear red and pink for the day.

We drink pink milk and water all day(red food dye)

For breakfast we have pink, heart-shaped pancakes with chocolate chips, strawberries and home made whip cream.

Lunch is some kind of sammich cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter.

Supper is homemade heart shaped pizzas(how cool that someone else does this!), chips(which are a huge treat in this house) and some kind of wonderful chocolate dessert. This year the dessert is going to be those chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese in the middle.

We make Valentines for each of our family members during the day. We exchange them after we are done eating supper.

End lameness.

Quote:
Not at all lame, GockeyEgg!! I think that is very sweet and it sounds like alot of fun. What a nice way to show everyone in the house that they are loved. That's Valentines Day done "family-style". I hope that you and your family have a wonderful day tomorrow.

I'm getting a mammogram! Happy V-day boobies!!!

We usually don't do much since our anniversary (10 years!) is next week. Although, it is tradition for me to get dh a cheesy 80's action movie every year. Nothing says I love you like an arnold swarzaneggar shoot em up!

We're going out with family on the 16th. My dad turns 80 on the 15th and my parents' anniversary is on the 17th so we'll celebrating everything all together.

Quote:
wow thats a big step up from raising "baby" chicks
tongue.png

everyone "adopt" a child, this world has to many shelters full of wonderful kids

Back
Top Bottom