We Love Camelids!

That's a good plan Pudden Puff. A mohalk would look cool though.
tongue.png

Okay, get ready for a laugh. This is my first year of shearing so here are my victims:

Denalli cushed and I couldn't get his belly, Poteau kept kicking the clippers and I was afraid he would hurt his foot so I didn't get his belly either.

I want to get the rest of Ladyhawke later.

Sonora was awful! Would not stand still and kicked the entire time. She looks terrible but deserves it.
somad.gif
I need to get her front half and I don't look forward to it.

Shaboom was last and I think best since I had a better feel for everything. We are hoping she will be a llama mama in the fall.

Star had dreadlocks going on so she really needed it.
yesss.gif

Thanks! It's taken me about 3 weeks to get them all done as we have had so much rain I have had to wait for two rain free days in a row since wet llama doesn't shear well.
sickbyc.gif

Ohhhh! Pictures! You must post pics!

We had Star and Shaboom bred before we picked them up but have not had them tested so no idea if they really took or not. Star, to me, certainly doesn't look pregnant but the breeder swears that some don't show much at all especially if it is their first time.

Shaboom I am thinking is pregnant. She has the biggest belly on the place. They should birth in Sept./Oct. I need to sit down and get a closer date so I don't have a surprise.

What kind of training are you doing with the boys?

I really wish I could go to a workshop. I am feeling over my head on trying to train mine. I want to look for some things like that to possibly go to this fall. Right now, they are better at avoiding what I am wanting them to do than I am showing them what to do.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom